Jun 22, 2020

#BookonTour: The Sunset Sisters By Cecilia Lyra #Bookouture #NetGalley

Buy Links
 Two sisters. A surprising inheritance. A summer that changes everything.

As children, half-sisters Cassie and Julie were nearly inseparable, bonded through happy, lazy summers playing barefoot in the surf and sleeping out on the porch of their grandmother’s Hamptons beach house. Though from wildly different backgrounds, each magical summer the girls were as close as only best friends, accomplices, sisters can be. But   

they haven’t spoken in nearly fifteen years—not since the funeral of Cassie’s mother—and now there is only resentment and painful memories between them.

Successful and self-contained, Cassie is shocked to learn the requirements of their Nana’s will—that she and Julie spend one final summer together in the Hamptons house in order to inherit. Cassie agrees reluctantly, she needs an excuse to leave Boston and give the growing rumors about her personal life a chance to die down.

And for Julie, who is discovering too late the cracks in her marriage, it is the chance to repair at least one damaged relationship. But for the two sisters to regain what they had, they will have to finally confront what happened the night Cassie lost her mother. With their Nana’s wisdom guiding the way, could this summer bring painful discoveries, and a new direction, for both sisters?

An emotional and riveting novel full of family drama and dark secrets. Perfect for fans of Elin Hilderbrand, Emily Giffin and Jennifer Weiner.  


Cecilia is an author with a reading addiction — a serious one. She is a lover of wine and all things chocolate, and the proud mother of Babaganoush, an English Bulldog. She is also a recovering lawyer, but asks that you do not hold that against her. 



The Sunset Sisters
By Cecilia Lyra
Review by 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Cecilia Lyra, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me this book so I may bring you this review. 

WOW! What an incredible story that brought out so many emotions, torn pasts, family secrets, twists, turns and shocking moments in Cecilia Lyra’s The Sunset Sister’s.
This book had literally a little bit of something for everything in it for everyone. 

This book has a few triggers in it such as infidelity, domestic abuse, alcoholism, blackmail.

For me personally this book made me miss my Gram. I loved how the Nana brought half sisters Julie and Cassie together after her passing for a reunion of sorts. Reminiscing of the good days they had spent with her made me miss my Gram. Also, made me think about the good times I shared with her too. She was a special part of their lives. 

Cecilia wants to thank her grandmother, who is proof that a hard life does not equal a hard heart: thank you for your quiet strength and generous spirit. She thanks you for seeing her. 

I loved the line you can't change the past, but you can write your own story from here on out. This is so true. 

The Sunset Sisters had a lot of heartbreaking moments, a lot of jaw dropping secrets, lots of twists and turns, and some internal revelations. 

I was not a fan of Patrick at all, especially the way he treated his wife Julie!! I was especially upset when he fat shamed her while she was mourning the loss of her Nana! Nobody should be treated the way he treated her during the time she was in mourning. Not to mention how controlling he was. He just really rubbed me the wrong way!! 

Craig and his kids were my three favorite characters. The kids pulled on my heart strings and Craig was there for Julie when she needed them. It was like Nana sent him from heaven for her. 

I loved how she also thanked Anna, for giving me the privilege of being your sister. Thank you for building a world with me. Thank you for being my first reader. Most of all, thank you for being my Baby Dino. Babaganoush, who cannot read.

Most of all I loved how she gave props to those who dedicate their lives to books: teachers, librarians, reviewers, bookstagrammers, book bloggers, book club founders and hosts, you are the whisperers of magic. It is so appreciated that she acknowledges us! I love giving back to authors who work so hard to create amazing stories such as this to help me escape my reality. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews