Mar 22, 2020

Review: From My Balcony by Patricia Bond #WNYAuthor


Do you want to live your life or hide from it? Diana knew she lied to her best friend when she said she wanted to live it.


Amazon
Books2Read
Website
Oh, how desperately she wanted to hide! Hide from her husband’s betrayals, hide from the blame and guilt heaped on her by her younger daughter’s refusal to accept the divorce, hide from the pity, the questions, the snarky innuendos from her “friends.” Most of all, hide from herself and her failures. Her family accepted her need to “find herself,” and this apartment in the south of France was perfect with its balcony and view of the sea and town. Low enough to be able to watch life happen below her, high enough to not participate in any of it. Now if only the gentle people of Cassis would let her do that.



When not writing, Patricia spends time with her family

and grandchildren. Her greatest goal is to be the partner-in-crime granny and give her grandchildren LOTS of silly memories.

She also indulges her other passions – traveling when possible, reading voraciously, knitting and embroidery, practicing reiki, and her latest – attempting watercolor. She is also an award-winning amateur photographer. 

Patricia lives in Western New York not far from theHoneymoon Capital of the World, so writing romance was pretty much a given. 

She plans to continue writing both contemporary and historical romances and give her readers stories that will touch their hearts.

Because, in any time and in any place, love is all that matters.



From My Balcony has been named a Recommended Read for 2019 by Author Shout. 

It has been named a finalist in the Pages From the Heart Contest from From the Heart Romance Writers chapter of RWA and a finalist in the I Heart Indie contest from the Las Vegas Chapter of RWA. 




From My Balcony By Patricia Bond
Review by Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Patricia Bond for providing me with this book so I may bring your this review. 

WNY Author Patricia Bond’s From The Balcony is the best book I have read by Patricia Bond so far!! It had an ending that totally blew my mind with that confession! Never did I think she would write something like that but she went there!! She needs to write more books like this one!! No wonder this book was named a finalist in the Pages From The Heart Contest from From the Heart Romance Writers chapter of RWA and a finalist in the I Heart Indie contest from the Las Vegas Chapter of RWA.

This book is dedicated to her parents who instilled in her the love of reading and traveling. She carries them close wherever she goes.

This book was the perfect read to escape from what is going on in the world today! For a short time I escaped quarantine in Buffalo, NY and journeyed to France. Oh the breathtaking views she described in the book were like something you would see from a painting. 

Speaking of the painting and the views, the cover of the book was beautiful! The graphic artist did an amazing job capturing the essence of the book. 

There were so many many times Patricia had me cracking up laughing out loud!! Other times I had smiles on my face! 

Patricia had many important storylines in this book such as infidelity, a loss of someone to cancer, and finding yourself again. 


2 comments:

Patricia Bond said...

Thank you for the kind words, Heidi! This book is such a departure for me from what I normally write, but rest assured, some of these characters definitely will be given books of their own, though most of them are of the younger generation in here. Miranda, Emile, Sean, Brianna and even Laurent are tugging at my sleeves and whispering in my ear.

And by the way, the painting for the cover is an original watercolor by a local artist in Western New York. And yes, she did a phenomenal job capturing my vision.

I'm so glad you liked the story and am more glad I was able to take you away from reality. At least for a little while.
THANK YOU!!

Patricia Bond said...

A note to your readers --- "From My Balcony" is currently on sale for 30% off the ebook price for the next 4 weeks exclusively through Smashwords. So, it's the perfect time to "viens avec moi en France". (Come with me to France.) :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews