Jan 25, 2020

Review: Murder on the Menu by Morgan St. James and Phyllice Bradner

Murder on the Menu (Silver Sisters Mysteries #5)Murder on the Menu by Morgan St. James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I want to thank Morgan St. James and her sister Phyllice Bradner for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Murder on the Menu (Silver Sisters Mysteries, #5) is written by two incredibly talented authors who just happen to be sisters in real life. This book even though it is a series can be read as a standalone. This is unlike the books I have read for Morgan in the past! This book was such a fun read with the unique names, characters and storylines.


Morgan and Phyllice did something that as a reader I really found refreshing and very interesting to learn about an author I look up to. We got an inside look of the authors family, how much they mean to them, their personalities, and how they played a role in the book. Knowing this going into the book made the characters more meaningful as it was based on someone Morgan and Phyllice loved dearly.

This book is dedicated as always to Morgan and Phyllice’s late mother and all of their fun-loving relatives and friends (in this world and beyond).

Of course, a fiery curly redhead has to be named Chili Pepper!! I could not stop laughing and I am a redhead!! Her father was called Red Pepper!! Now there is a hot family!! However her Aunt was sweet Godiva!!! Now I want some chocolate!! I love when authors think outside of the box and show their creativity! Amazing job ladies!!

The flirty banter back and forth between Rosco Bean (another name that cracks me up) and Chili Pepper was like the chemistry between them never fizzled. I loved it.

I am a huge fan of reality tv shows and cooking so I loved that Chili was on Flirting with Food with Chef Caesar Romano (and now I want a Caesar Salad).

Morgan and Phyllice just love surprising me in this book!! In the middle of everything there is a Zombie Walk?! How crazy is that?! Chili, I agree with you girl it is weird!!! But this book is so cool! Rosco keeps cracking me up!

I think I need to add Portland to my bucket list now if it as cool as Rosco says it is!!



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews