Nov 16, 2019

Review: My Mother's Silence by Lauren Westwood #BookonTour #Bookouture #NetGalley

Some things you can never escape. I should know. I’ve been running away for fifteen years, and now I’m right back where I started…

Skye Turner’s family fell apart the day her twin sister Ginny died. Everyone in their tiny community in the Scottish Highlands accepted it was an accident, but more than one person in town is haunted by a secret from that night...

Skye left after the funeral, believing her mother blamed her for Ginny’s death. Skye should have taken care of Ginny, should have been there to stop her falling from the cliffs that night. Over the years, she’s barely spoken to her mother, until the day she receives a phone call asking her to return home.

As soon as Skye arrives in her childhood home, she knows something isn’t right. Her mother has kept the bedroom she shared with her sister like a shrine, Ginny’s clothes and diaries gathering dust, as though her mother thinks Ginny might come back. And there are whispers in town that Ginny wasn’t alone when she died…


Skye is desperate to find out the truth, but her mother just wants her family back together. As Skye begins to unravel everyone’s lies, she realizes the truth might tear her family apart for good…

My Mother’s Silence is a twisty and emotional novel about the bonds between mothers and daughters, and what happens when we hide things from those we love the most. Fans of Diane Chamberlain, Liane Moriarty and Kerry Fisher 
will be gripped.



website: https://www.laurenwestwoodwriter.com/,

Lauren Westwood writes dark and romantic women's fiction and is also an award-winning children's writer. Originally from California, she now lives in England in a persnickety old house built in 1602, with her partner and three daughters.




My Mother's Silence 
By Lauren Westwood
Review by Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Lauren Westwood, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 

Immediately after reading My Mother’s Silence by Lauren Westwood I needed to call both of my sisters!. It is definitely a must read book! Needless to say this book pulled hard on my heartstrings from the very beginning and didn’t let go. Lauren’s book is one that will stick with you well after you finish reading it.

This is one of the most graceful and beautiful book covers that I have seen on a Bookouture Book. Kudos to the graphic designer who created such a masterpiece that captured my eye. 

Music was a main element in this book that I really loved. Skye and her twin Ginny would write music lyrics and sing them together. They both were very talented with beautiful voices. Lauren seemed very passionate about the musical storyline as it played a big part of the story. 

There is no doubt about it that this book has a lot to do with family. A terrible family tragedy happened that tore a family apart. There were family secrets kept, shocking revelations, and so much heartache. So many times I wanted to hug Skye and her Mom for what they had been through over the years. 

There were so many unique character names that Lauren used in this book. I just loved the name Skye, Ginny, Byron, Mackie, etc. I love when authors think outside of the box for names and storylines. Shows how creative and passionate they are about their writing. 

My Mother’s Silence would make an awesome movie as a Netflix Original or even on the big screen. It would definitely be a blockbuster of a hit. That is how good I thought this book was. 

This book was very special for the author. She loves Scotland and Celtic music and always wanted to write a book to express her feelings on that subject. She grew up listening to the music on a radio show on NPR. I had to laugh when she mentions that when she listens to her Scottish CD’s in the car her children have to cover their ears. If you are interested in learning more about this music she has a playlist listed on her website. 














1 comments:

Book Club Reviewer said...

This looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews