Sep 26, 2019

Review: One Day I Will Find You By Barbara Larriva


Author Barbara Larriva


#CandidBookReviews
Travel has always been my first love. It was because of an experience in Morocco that started my writing career. I was a secretary at the time and because the Moroccan experience was rather lengthy, I typed it (yes, a real typewriter!) and passed it out to my co-workers. The comments were all quite positive so I took a Creative Writing class and dabbled in romance writing. After receiving a rejection (I still have it) that said “your book is neither romantic nor inspiring,” I announced to my writers’ group, “As long as I’m going to get rejected I might as well write what i want to write.” So I wrote POPPY. I sent out only one query to Ballantine/Random House and they bought it. That was the beginning…




Book Summary 
In 1958, seventeen-year-old Cecilia gives birth to Noelle and is forced to give her baby up for adoption. Forty years later, Noelle’s perfect life unravels with each word she reads in the post-mortem letter from the only mother she’s ever known. After much soul searching, Noelle leaves her prestigious job in New York City and embarks on her quest to find her birth mother. Can Noelle break through the barriers she encounters during her search? 



One Day I Will Find You 
By Barbara Larriva 
Review Written by
Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews
First, I want to thank Barbara Larriva for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Barbara Larriva’s One Day I Will Find you is an incredibly powerful read that everyone-must-read. It is one of those books that you touches your heart and stays with you after reading it. I would love to see this be turned into a movie on Netflix or Lifetime.

The book cover is beautifully done by Debora Lewis. It is just so simple and works well with the book.

This book covers some very important issues as cutting, suicide, adoption, locating your birth Mom, disowning your own child, homelessness, finding out your half black, drug abuse, forced prostitution, helping out in a homeless shelter, human trafficking. Some topics may bring up triggers for readers.

With these important issues there are a ton of very good life lessons In the book. You will think of life in a whole new light after reading this.

Barbara is an incredible storyteller! Just when the story goes one way she took it down a dark path that I didn’t see coming. At that point I was scared for the character. I was shocked at what was being done to her. I didn’t like where the story was headed. However, I stuck with the story and was happy with the outcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews