Jan 12, 2019

Review: Six Months by Mona Sedrak

Amazon
GoodReads
BookBub

Wild Blue Press

#NetGalley
Excerpt from the book

Mikala raised her gaze to the heavens and raged. “Why? Why? Why?” With every word,
she slammed her palms into the frozen earth. “Why did you have to steal my child? Why
didn’t you just take me? Why did you give her to me only to reclaim her a few short
years later? She was a baby. She hadn’t had a chance to live yet.” Sobbing, Mikala
doubled over, her body wracked with pain. “Please, just take me to be with her. I can’t
do this anymore on my own. I don’t want to. Please have mercy.”


Mikala could beg all she wanted, but no one was listening. Her little butterfly had flown
to heaven six months ago. Never again would Mikala wake up to the melody of her
sweet giggles or revel in the warmth of her tiny body as it settled against her own.
Mikala couldn’t caress Molly’s pudgy cheeks, tickle behind her ears, or inhale her fresh
little-girl scent after a bath. She couldn’t tangle her fingers through her wild mane of
curls or get lost in those bottomless blue eyes that stopped most people in their tracks
with their unusual color and their ability to see right through them.

Worst of all, Mikala didn’t know who she was. No longer was she a mother. She would
never hear the word Mama coming from her daughter’s bow-shaped lips, giving
meaning and worth to her life. Without her child, and without that title, Mikala was no

one––no one special.
Author Mona Sedrak
Mona's Website
Mona's Facebook Author Page
Mona's Email Address
Mona's Reader's Group
Mona's Newsletter

Twitter
  



Six Months
By Mona Sedrak
Review written by Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Mona Sedrak, Wild Rose Press Inc, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.

Mona Sedrak’s breathtaking cover captured my interest in this book originally in Six Months. The book’s cover has a sweet little girl with laughing as a butterfly sits on her nose. Flowers surround her and, in the background, you see a silhouette of a couple. I am a huge butterfly fan and this cover just melted my heart. Kudos to the graphic designer.  When I did read the synopsis of the book I knew it was a must read book-I was right!

I feel that I must warn readers ahead of time that this book deals with a loss of a child at a young age. It also deals with the tremendous grief afterword’s and how each individual deals with it. If this is a trigger for you then this may not be a good book for you.

This book is dedicated to Mona’s husband Samy. He has always supported her and believed in her even when she lost faith in herself.

WOW! Mona had me hooked on page one and feeling all sorts of emotions. Warning you will need tissues! If you are a parent or like me a proud Auntie you will want to be holding them tight after reading this book. It was incredibly powerful.

You could tell that this book was very near and dear to Mona’s heart. You could tell by the way Mikala’s character and storyline was so passionately portrayed. It was a beautiful storyline that totally tugged on my heart strings. So many times I wanted to reach out and hug her for so many reasons.

I am a huge fan of butterflies for so many reasons. Not only are they on the front cover but they are mentioned in the book. The reader gets a little bit of education about butterflies which I thought was a cool idea. However, they are symbolism for Molly as well. I thought that was beautiful.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews