Dec 14, 2018

Review: Dreaming of Christmas by Joanne Dannon

Author Joanne Dannon

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄


🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Dreaming of Christmas
By Joanne Dannon

Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank Joanne Dannon for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 

Dreaming of Christmas by Award Winning Author Joanne Dannon’s cover was as beautiful as a Christmas Card. Only when you open it up you are blessed with not just one but four totally out of the box Christmas short stories. Stories filled with trips to historic places many people dream of going, men woman dream of meeting, experiences many never experience, etc. 

In Dreaming of Christmas, it is broken up into four short stories. A Magical Christmas in Jerusalem, Another Magical Christmas in Jerusalem, Christmas Kiss, New Year’s Wish, and Christmas Kiss in London. 

Even though I enjoyed them all my favorite would have to be A Magical Christmas in Jerusalem. I say that because this story was unlike any Christmas story that I had ever read. The characters in the book were so intriguing to read about! I could not get enough of Jaques character. Not just because he was described as handsome but because of his so many other qualities that overpowered that. Intellect, well cultured, a good heart, family orientated and a romantic man will get your attention every time. Not to mention he and his family ran the tour she and her Gran were going on. Kiera was visiting from Australia with her Gran for Christmas. They both had a very special Christmas tradition that they both did but this year was different Kiera’s Grampa passed. 

Joanne definitely has a way with words and storytelling. She has some extremely interesting stories about the characters past to share with the readers. Not only that but the breathtaking places she brings you to. She describes the places so vividly that I could see myself there with the characters. I had never thought of ever going there until I read about that experience. 

This story will definitely transport you away from your reality and into another place and time. It will also make you smile and believe in love in unexpected times in your life! It will also make you take chances. 

For me It made me miss my Gram and wish she were still here with us. I would have loved to gone on a trip like that with her. 

In July of 2014, Joanne Dannon was fortunate to be selected by a dynamic woman’s movement to travel to Israel. During that time she was there she too fell in love with the culture and the history of that amazing country. 

Some of her highlights of her trip she included in this book. Joanne did swim in the Dead Sea-float actually-after coating her skin and mineral mud. Yes, she had camel rides too. 

You can tell why this story and these characters are so very passionate to her. I could tell by reading this that this story was close to her heart. Many authors who write what they are passionate about come out with some amazing reads. Joanne is no exception to this rule. 

Joanne Is someone I would gladly read and review for again. 




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews