Nov 28, 2018

Review:A Christmas Date By Camilla Isley


#NetGalley
The Christmas Date 
By Camilla Isley 
Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews


First, I want to thank Camilla Isley, Pink Bloom Press, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Thanksgiving is over now this time of year is for watching Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies, listening to Pop Christmas music on the radio, and curling up on the couch with a good cup of hot tea and Camilla Isley’s new Christmas Book a Christmas Date (A Festive Holidays Romantic Comedy) First Comes Love Series Book 3. I was craving to read a Christmas book and this had every element that I was searching for and more.


Kudos to Camilla’s graphic designer on her book cover. This cover was amazing filled with amazing fonts, presents, I loved the Christmas border, the silhouette of the couple on the hill, and I could totally relate to the saying No one wants to be single on the holidays (as I am single and don’t want to be). This cover totally represents the book very well.

I had to laugh at the Dedication for all sisters who bicker a little at Christmas.
I loved the dynamic of Julia and Paul and how their relationship evolved even though Julia knew that her older sister had a thing for him. How Nicki feels so uncomfortable around them.  Now years later Julia and Paul are getting engaged. On the same night Blair her roommate gives her the news that she is moving in with her boyfriend. My heart totally went out to her and wanted to give her a hug!! All this news before Christmas!! Before she is to go home to spend Christmas with her family! Camilla really did an amazing job with those two scenes.

The dynamic between Diego and Nickki started out one way but in my eyes turned out into something much more beautiful. I was incredibly happy for Nickki after years of pining over someone she could not have.
Camilla is a great story tell with a creative eye. I would gladly read and review for her again. Not just at Christmas time either.

This is interesting about Camilla. She is an engineer turned writer after she quit her job to follow her husband on an adventure abroad. She is a coffee addict and a shoe hoarder. She loves to read as well as write. She must have popcorn when going to the movies and she watches bad TV.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews