Nov 28, 2018

Review: The Bug Jar by Ava Black

Author Ava Black 
#NetGalley

The Bug Jar 
by Ava Black 
Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank Ava Black and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.

I am a huge fan of psychological thrillers but never have I read a prologue to a book that shocked me so much as this Ava Black’s The Bug Jar. Warning to readers you may want to skip this section of the book. With that being said dang what a way to start off the book!! You not only shocked the heck out of me you got my total and undivided attention. He was a sick and troubled kid and well it made for a good story!!

This book touches on a very important topic mental illness. Ava brings up stalking, bipolar disorder, depression, animal cruelty by the hands of his owner.

Sam quick wit sarcastic humor made me laugh out loud. Especially about Sam’s take on makeup and her customers buying her makeup products.

I loved how Sam wanted a better life than the one she had. However, having an affair with the soon to be Mayor and hoping he will leave his wife wont work. Sam was delusional and had mental issues that she saw a shrink for.

I could totally see this being an independent movie at the small movie theaters. I think it would do well actually.

Ava’s description, attention and ability to tell a story that is totally outside the box that has never been done before is incredible.

I absolutely loved the cover of the book. It captured the essence of not only the title but the feel of the book as well. Kudos to the graphic artist and the one who came up with the idea.

If you like books about cheating spouses, death of a child, unstable individuals, political campaigns, police investigations, troubled youth, stalkers, then this book might be for you.





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews