Nov 25, 2018

Review: Here and Gone by Ann Simas

Author Ann Simas

#CandidBookReviews

Here & Gone
The Truth is Not Always There
by Ann Simas
Review written by Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Ann Simas for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Here & Gone the Truth Is Not Always True by Ann Simas  by far is the best book I have ever read by her. I have been a fan of her Christmas books for a few years now. However, mystery suspense genre is my favorite genres to read. So, when she came out with this book, I knew I had read it. Ann exceeded my expectations in this book. Keep writing mystery-thriller-suspense with a love story thrown in. I should mention that Ann does write paranormal too (not a genre I am a fan of).

The book cover has a dark and eerie vibe to it and you wonder what the book is about. Looking at it you would think the genre was something for a horror book and not a mystery.

I love books that suck me in right at the beginning of the book and that is just how Here & Gone started for me!! Immediately, my heart ached for Hannah when you learned her husband and her 5-year-old son that he capsized on the boat. However, did they really? Many times, in the book I wanted to reach in and give her a hug.

Ann did an incredible job with this story! It had something for everyone! It had a budding romance, death, twists and turns galore, sexual tension, grieving widow, investigation, thinking you know someone but you are dead wrong.

I smiled when I saw the dogs name was Bowie. I couldn’t help think of David Bowie. Wondered if Ann named him after the late singer.

One of my favorite lines that made me crack up in the book was “Your life has turned into a Mary Higgins Clark Novel.”

I always love at the end of the book when the author talks about themselves. You can get a better sense of who they are as a person behind the book. For example she is an award-winning watercolorist and a budding photographer. Maybe one day she can incorporate her photography or watercolor painting as her book covers. I think her fans at least this one would love to.

At the end of the book Ann provides a way for you to contact her to let you know how you enjoyed the book by email or by Facebook.  I thought this was very cute she is asking for fun if you would like to submit of picture of you reading the book to send it to her. She will post it on her FAN page.

At the end of this book she throws in a little surprise for you all. A sneak preview of her sexy paranormal thriller Black Moon Rising.

My one negative of the book is that it was a tad long to be a single book. Most of her books are much shorter in length. I think it could have been made into two books for a series instead of just one. Maybe had a really big cliffhanger at the end of the first book.









0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews