Aug 3, 2018

Review: The Haunting of Dylan Klaypool Whispers in Black Willow a Novel by James Alan Ross



Summary of the book

Dylan Klaypool’s dark history has her searching for answers that can only be found down a single path: paranormal investigation. Battling demons from her past, the high school junior’s obsession with proving the existence of ghosts has become the only consistent aspect of her troubled life. Now living with her estranged grandmother in a new town and attending a new school, Dylan’s focus has not wavered. And the boarded up, abandoned house she discovered on Cemetery Road might hold the key that can unlock the secrets that have long haunted her.  


Author James Alan Ross
Website
Facebook
Email



First, I want to thank James Alan Ross for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

The Haunting of Dylan Klaypool Whispers in Black Willow by James Alan Ross was one of the best paranormal books I have ever read. Now, let me just clarify that I am not into paranormal books usually. However, this one had a lot of mystery and suspense involved in it. Plus, I am a fan of this author and his past book Forevergreen was amazing. So, I took a chance on this book. I am really glad I did.

I really liked the cover of the book so kudos to the graphic designer. Now I wonder if that is Dylan or if it is Sarah on the cover. If I had to guess I would think it was Dylan the main character.
One key aspect I felt a connection with was the mystery set around a ghost and the pictures Dylan and Mitch found were from when Sarah graduated high school in 1994. I too graduated in 1994. I loved the whole mystery aspect of finding out whom was haunting the house and why. The history behind the why was fascinating to me. My heart ached for Sarah when we found out what really happened to Raymond. I was not a fan of Sarah’s father when I found out.

Catherine the Grandmother was one of my favorite characters in the book. She was very loving and protective over Dylan. Unlike her parents were. It was cute how she had a little crush on Dylan’s friend Mitch. I laughed so hard when Catherine had the uncomfortable talk with Dlyan about lesbians! It was too funny!!

Dylan’s character was unlike any character in the book I have ever read before. She was very guarded at first but then she opened up to Mitch. You could tell and then read that she was hurt in the past by her father. That is why she is staying with Catherine.

James is very good at writing detail and suspense writing. There were twists and turns at every corner of this book. If you thought you knew how it was going to end you thought wrong.  This is an very intense book.

In this book there are so many stories within this story that makes it so interesting.

I was happy to read at the end of this story that there will be a sequel to this book! What adventures will Dylan and Mitch go on together. 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews