Jul 26, 2018

Review: Forbidden Cure Part One: Duplicity by William Rubin

Author William Rubin




First, I want to thank William Rubin for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Forbidden Cure Part One: Duplicity by William Rubin is just a part of the whole novel that is coming out in short sections every few months instead of a huge book all at once.  This book was an incredibly fast paced medically charged drama that had you at the edge of your seats. I love a good medical drama with mystery attached and this satisfied my craving. Having read William Rubin’s work prior I knew I was in for a treat.

Right from the prologue William gets the readers attention. From that moment on you need to know what is going on.

My heart ached for Chris whom just lost his Mother and his wife. Now he is sick and wanting to try this experimental drug that is very risky. His Dad is very worried about him taking this. He has every right to be-he doesn’t want to loose him as well.

Other stories in the book of individuals and their medical ailments will just rock you to your core as well like Irina Malekoviec a Concert Pianist.

William Rubin does an incredible job with describing all things medically related with the terminology. He keeps us at the edge of our seats wondering what will happen next.

What I found fascinating since I love all things medical is the ani-malaria medication Hyslop that was introduced in 1940’s that was the last line of defense of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 

I am big fans of the names Grayson, Kiki, and Dmitri  that were in the book.

William Rubin himself not only Is an very talented author but is an practicing physician. So it makes perfect sense that he intertwines his love for medical/scientific into his works. 

Unfortunately, the untimely death of William Rubin’s mother, provided some of the conflict, underlying drama, and turmoil to the series lead characters. As I always say write what you know and are passionate about and it will come out in your writing. The readers will feel it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews