May 23, 2024

#BooksonTour #MyDaughtersLies #JuliaRoberts #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

In the middle of my beautiful daughter’s eighteenth birthday party, silence falls as I unfold my speech, my heart bursting with everything I want to say. But when I look down I see a note, and my world stops: She’s not who you think she is.

Ruby was our miracle baby. I would have done anything to become a mother, and when she finally arrived, I held her in my arms, looked in her blue eyes and swore I would never let anything harm her. Now she’s everything I could have dreamed of. I don’t even think about all the years of heartache I went through before she was born.

So when I get the strange warning at her birthday party, I ignore it, hiding it in my bag with trembling hands. Someone is simply jealous of her.

But as I watch my daughter, things I’ve been trying to ignore come flooding back to me – Ruby’s odd disappearances, her whispered arguments with her best friend, and a memory from her sixth birthday which still breaks my heart to remember.

I need to know the truth about who she really is, but digging into my daughter’s secrets might reveal my own. As the party draws to a close and the confetti is swept away, I gather my courage. I’ve spent eighteen years trying to forget my own mistakes, and it could only take a moment for everything to fall apart.

Do I risk tearing my family apart to keep my daughter safe? Because when my secrets come out, I could lose my precious girl forever…

A completely compelling and heart-wrenching read about the strength of a mother’s love for her child. Perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty, Amanda Prowse and Susan Lewis.

Julia was born in West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, and began her career as a professional singer/dancer. This enabled her to travel the world in her late teens storing up experiences she has since included in her writing.

Following roles as a hostess on The Price is Right and a member of the Beadle’s About ‘hit squad’ in the 1980s, she became a TV Presenter and filmed features for Sky Sports before launching the QVC shopping channel in 1993 where she still presents today. Having always wanted to write, she penned her first book, a memoir sold on QVC, in 2013 and has since written eleven full length novels, two novellas and several short stories.

http://www.juliarobertsauthor.com/
https://www.facebook.com/JuliaRobertsTV
https://www.instagram.com/juliagroberts/
https://twitter.com/JuliaRobertsTV

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Julia Roberts here: https://www.bookouture.com/julia-roberts

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo



My Daughter’s Lies 

Written By Julia Roberts 

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Julia Roberts, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


WOWZERS!! My Daughter’s Lies by Julia Roberts is truly an emotionally filled family drama that pulls on your heart strings. It is a gripping fast paced addictive storyline. 


Julia would like to dedicate My Daughter’s Lies in memory of Sadie Walsh.


I absolutely LOVED the idea for Ruby’s 18th Birthday Party that her Aunt Sadie helped plan for her! Being a huge fan of musicals I would have loved to attend that party! It was such a perfect idea since she loved musicals, dancing, etc! 


One thing I don’t miss about my teenage years is the high school drama especially when it came to boys! Oh this book was filled with secrets, betrayals, lies, backstabbing, feuds between friends, etc. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews