Jan 23, 2024

#BooksonTour #TheChildAtMyDoor #SamVickery #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

There’s a child at my door. I’ve never seen him before. He says he’s my grandson, but that’s impossible… how much of my life is a lie? What else don’t I know?

I’ve lived on this quiet street for years, in the same house I once shared with my husband and our beloved daughter, 
Chloe. Now they’re both gone and my home, that used to be filled with laughter, is too quiet, too still.

When a little boy I don’t recognise knocks at my door, without a parent in sight, I’m shocked. He trembles with nerves, and I tell him I can help find his mother. But I’m not prepared for what he says next. I’m left frozen, heart pounding in my chest.

‘My mummy’s called Chloe. You’re my grandma.’

My blood runs cold. It can’t be true. The curly-haired boy looking up at me is no older than five and 
my daughter died fifteen years agoDidn’t she?

If she’s alive, then what really happened on the day I lost my daughter? And where is she now?

A completely unputdownable and gripping page-turner that will keep you guessing until the very end. Fans of Nicole Trope, Lisa Jewell and Liane Moriarty will be shocked by the family secrets uncovered in this dark and suspenseful novel filled with jaw-dropping twists.

Buy Link:

Amazon: https://geni.us/B0CP66TJWFsocial


Sam Vickery is an English author who loves gritty, emotional stories that can make you sob. As a child, she was forever getting in trouble for being caught with her nose in a book, and these days are no different. She lives on the south coast of England with her husband, two children and a cat that thinks it's a dog.
https://www.facebook.com/SamVickeryWrites/

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Sam Vickery here: https://www.bookouture.com/sam-vickery






The Child At My Door 
Written By Sam Vickery
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Sam Vickery, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


YES!! YES!! YES!! Oh how I love Sam Vicerky’s books! She usually pulls hard on my heart strings but with The Child At My Door she went a little bit to the darker side. I totally loved both aspects of that story. 


Instantly Sam hooked me with her intense and suspenseful prologue which made me wanting more!


Tommy pulled my heart string hard in Sam’s storyline. Scott on the other hand was my most hated character in the book! His words, actions and thoughts on a specific matter appalled me!! 


There was a lot of family drama, secrets, twists and turns in The Child At My Door. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews