Sep 17, 2022

#BooksonTour #OurStolenChild #MelissaWiesner #Bookouture #NetGalley

I grip my husband’s hand tight. The doctor is frowning. “Mr and Mrs Marcello… I’m so sorry.” She tells us there’s been a terrible mistake. Our last embryo—our last chance—was accidentally given to someone else. The child we made four years ago calls another woman “Mommy.”

Quinn cries silent tears as she folds a tiny knitted cardigan, bought in a moment of hope, and packs it away. All she’s ever wanted is to be a mother. Although her husband James brings her comfort, the knowledge they have no embryos left, and that their child is out there being raised by another family, is tearing them both apart.

When the lawyers tell them there’s a chance to get custody, James is unsure. But Quinn knows she has to take it: if only to look her little girl in the eyes, just once. Meeting 
Emily and the woman who raised her, Quinn’s heart cracks wide open. Emily looks just like Quinn, right down to her curly hair. And when the little girl flings her arms around Quinn’s waist, she can’t shake the feeling this is where Emily is meant to be.

As the two families reckon with an unimaginable decision, a secret from James’ past surfaces… one that forces Quinn to question everything she thought she wanted. 
But how will they decide what’s right for the little girl they all love so dearly? And where does Emily truly belong?

An absolutely unputdownable, heart-wrenching read about two families torn apart by one terrible mistake. Anyone who loves Jodi Picoult’s My Sister’s Keeper, Diane Chamberlain and Catherine Ryan Hyde won’t be able to put this down.


 

Melissa Wiesner is a night-owl who began writing novels about five years ago when her early-to-bed family retired for the evening. In 2019, she won the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® Award in the Mainstream Fiction Category for her first novel. Melissa holds two Master’s Degrees in Public Health and Community Agency Counseling. Her day job is in Social Work where she often encounters people knocked down by hard times but who pick themselves up and keep going, just like the characters of her novels. Melissa lives in Pittsburgh, PA with her charming husband and two adorable children.


Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Melissa Wiesner here: https://www.bookouture.com/melissa-wiesner

Buy Link:

Our Stolen Child
Written By
Melissa Wiesner
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Melissa Wiesner, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


Ohh I knew just from the beautiful cover and the title alone that I needed to stock up on tissues for Melissa Wiesner’s Our Stolen Child! WOW!! I am not a Mom but wow this story touched me and pulled on all my heart strings. If I was crying over the storyline I can’t imagine how Melissa got through writing the story! 


Many of Melissa’s readers who have struggled with IVF will be able to relate to this storyline. Even the twist she has up her sleeve. 


Words could not express how much my heart ached for all that Quinn was going through in Our Stolen Child. I felt like I was right next to her as all this was unfolding and wanted to be there to support her. Heaven forbid James would be (oh he rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning and at one point I yelled at my kindle!) 


At the same time I was totally conflicted with the big twist and didn’t know how I felt about that. 


One thing is for sure, sweet Emily made my heart melt! She was the cutest little girl ever and so innocent in all of this!


I have a very soft spot for Pittsburgh as my sister and her family live there so I smiled when I learned that was the setting of the book. Small world but I actually know where Squirrel Hill is.


Oh the ending came as a totally pleasant surprise!! I was smiling ear to ear and crying happy tears. 


This is a beautifully written story that is a must read book! 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews