Mar 5, 2021

#BooksonTour #AChildofMyOwn #VanessaCarnevale #Bookouture #NetGalley


As I watch her walk away, an arm raised to her face as she wipes tears from her eyes, I wonder if I really can go through losing her again. Because if I do this, I might gain a child, but I’ll lose her in the process.


Isla and Ben are devoted parents to their beloved daughter, Reese. She is their little miracle, the childthey thought they’d never have until donors made her existence possible. But Isla has never told Reese about her biological parents. She wants to be honest with her daughter, but can she bear to open up old wounds?

Then Isla receives a call from Lucy, once her closest friend and the donor who made her dreams come true, and it seems she may need to make a decision sooner than she thought. They haven’t spoken in almost ten years, but Lucy has devastating news: she has lost her beloved husband Nate, just after they decided they wanted to become parents after all.

Heartbroken for her friend, Isla welcomes Lucy back into her life. But then Lucy comes to Isla with a request that changes everything. If Lucy gets what she wants, Isla’s perfect family could be destroyed. But would she deny the woman who helped her become a mother the chance for her own happiness?

Child of My Own is a heartbreaking, gripping and emotional story about motherhood, loss and friendship, perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Kelly Rimmer and Kate Hewitt.


Vanessa Carnevale is an Australian author of women’s fiction. She is also the host of Your Beautiful Writing Life retreats held in Tuscany and Australia.


Vanessa loves to travel, and spent several years living in Florence, Italy, a place she considers her second home. She lives in Australia with her husband and two children.


Her previous novels, THE MEMORIES OF US and THE FLORENTINE BRIDGE are published by HarperCollins and have been translated into German and Slovenian. Vanessa’s third novel will be published by Bookouture in August 2020.


You can connect with Vanessa on Instagram and Facebook or via her websites: www.vanessacarnevale.com | www.yourbeautifulwritinglife.com


https://twitter.com/v_carnevale


Buy Links:

.
A Child of My Own
By 
Vanessa Carnevale
Review 
By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Vanessa Carnevale, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review. 


A Child of My Own by Vanessa Carnevale is a very well written book that focuses on many important topics. Not only that but it is emotional and eye opening in many ways. It is definitely a book to put on your TBR list for 2021!


Immediately, the cover grasped my attention. How could it not with the beautiful background and adorable Reese in the picture. The graphic artists captured the essence of the book perfectly. 


Vanessa did something unique in her prologue. She had Nate write a beautiful letter to Lucy. Throughout the book you see more letters from him. The letters are so sweet you can’t help but smile. You can feel the love that he has for Lucy. It just made me smile ear to ear! 


Vanessa sure did pick some creative careers for her characters! Nate was a photojournalist that traveled to many great places to get some shots! His job had a good level of risk when he took the job. After all he saw and did on the job it literally almost killed him. However, it made him reflect on what was truly important in life. Plus, his mom was a sem-retired watercolor artist! Both are so fascinating careers. 


Nate was full of life and just so cute towards Lucy! He definitely wanted to move on to the next stage of their life and start a family! 


On the flip side we meet Isa who cracked me up when I first was introduced to her character. She couldn’t get over what being a Mom was all about-and how tough it was. I am not a Mom but I see my sisters with their kids and they do a lot for them!


Vanessa covers a lot of important topics in this book. One of those topics that I am glad that she addressed is bullying. Poor Reese was being bullied at school and kids were saying she was conceived in a Petri Dish! My heart went out to her hearing this. No child should be bullied! 


Another topic that was very important in A Child of My Own is freezing embryos and IVF. Vanessa gave a lot of great education information regarding this. 


No words for the tragic accident that left me totally heartbroken! No way  did I ever think that would happen. Yes, I admit that I teared up reading this scene! 


















0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews