Jan 11, 2021

#BooksonTour #DidMyLoveLifeShrinkintheWash #KristenBailey #Bookouture #NetGalley


Sure, my bedroom gets lots of action. It’s called snoring.


Will and I didn’t have a clue what we were signing up for. It turns out that there’s loads we weren’t warned about:

1) You’ll spend more time spooning your child’s cuddly donkey than your own boyfriend.
2) Communication with your other half will be via post-it notes on the fridge, mainly telling him to buy more milk.
3) If you make the mistake of going to a nightclub you’ll nod off, drool, and be woken up by an angry bouncer.
4) In the middle of the night you’ll be begging Siri for advice on getting your baby to sleep. (Whale music doesn’t work.)
5) Sex is something that happened in another dimension.

But even if I feel like I’m waiting for my motherhood powers to come in the post, at least I’ve got Will. Our old life – festivals, sambuca shots, an actual sex life – might be a distant memory, but we can get through anything together, can’t we?

At least that’s what I thought until, one day, Will walked out on us… If I’m on my own (apart from Siri, obviously) can I do this whole parenting thing? Or I am destined to lose my sanity one sleepless night at a time?

A totally hilarious and absolutely relatable tale for anyone who has survived parenthood purely on microwave meals and wished for an IV drip of coffee to get them through! This uplifting page-turner will make your belly ache with laughter. Perfect for fans of Why Mummy Drinks, Sophie Ranald and Sophie Kinsella.  


Buy Links:


Mother-of-four, gin-drinker, binge-watcher, receipt hoarder, enthusiastic but terrible cook. Kristen also writes. She has had short fiction published in several publications including Mslexia & Riptide. Her first two novels, Souper Mum and Second Helpings were published in 2016. In 2019, she was long listed in the Comedy Women in Print Prize and has since joined the Bookouture family. She writes women's fiction and she hopes her novels have fresh and funny things to say about modern life, love and family.


You can find out more about her at her website: www.kristenbaileywrites.com.

You can also find her on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.


https://twitter.com/mrsbaileywrites


 

Did My Love Life Shrink in the Wash?

By

Kristen Bailey

Review 

By

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Kristen Bailey, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Oh Kristen Bailey you had me cracking up laughing at your latest Rom Com Did My Love Life Shrink In The Wash? My love life has shrunk to non-existent due to Covid-so I could relate to the title lol! Seriously though this was one of the funniest books I have read in a very long time. 


Kristen dedicates this book to one of her babies. She also finally named a character after Joe. This book is for you Joe.


The comical comic-like graphics on the book along with the title of the book piqued my interest in reading it. The graphics were a great choice for the book.


One thing Kristen did that was unique to her story was each chapter she would have a song, artist, and year it debut. Each song represented what that chapter would be about. Many of the songs that she picked I really liked too. 


Speaking of music I loved how she mentioned one of my favorite boy bands Backstreet Boys. I had to smile at that one. 


Right from the prologue Kristen had literally rolling on the floor laughing how she discussed in great detail all about her wild sexual adventures. Oh but then we get to find out about her long term relationship sex escapades. Those were more vivid. All the time I am reading this I am wondering when will Covid be over?! 


Now keep in mind I am not a Mom therefore never gave birth before. However, Kristen gives you a very vivid and descriptive experience that Beth has of birthing her baby boy. After reading that I commend all of you ladies who go through the birthing process-it is not easy! The way Kristen wrote that scene was genius pure genius! 


Oh the dialogue in the book back and forth is off the wall too funny! Sometimes Kristen shocked me with the language and scenarios.


This book is not all fun and games as there are some serious relationship moments as well. The Bonus Track was an intense in-depth letter that touched my heart. 



1 comments:

Jo Linsdell said...

Sounds like a fun read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews