Oct 15, 2020

#BookonTour #MyHusband’sDaughter #EmmaRobinson #Bookouture #NetGalley #MustRead

Cara took a deep breath and let it out slowly. ‘She’s not just my daughter,’ she said as she turned in her seat to face Jack. This man she had once loved, but who she hadn’t seen for nearly five years. ‘Sophie is your daughter too.’

It is just past ten o’clock on a cold Friday evening when Rebecca and her husband Jack’s doorbell rings. Outside is a woman who introduces herself as Jack’s ex-girlfriend Cara. And she’s holding the hand of a shivering, blue-eyed, four-year-old girl. Who she claims is Jack’s daughter.

Rebecca is shocked to discover he has a child from his last relationship – even one he hadn’t known about. Because becoming parents isn’t part of their life plan. They like children, but they also love their freedom and spending time together uninterrupted; the way that, if they wanted to, they could travel the world at a moment’s notice.

But Cara needs them. Because Cara has a devastating secret that she can’t tell anyone yet. Not even her daughter. A secret with the power to change all of their lives.

A secret that will ultimately mean Rebecca has to ask herself – could she find it in herself to welcome her husband’s child into her home, and into her heart?


A heartbreaking and powerful emotional women’s fiction novel about love, friendship and what it truly means to be a parent, perfect for fans of Jojo Moyes, Jodi Picoult and Kate Hewitt.



Emma Robinson thinks of herself as one of the ‘Bridget Jones generation’ – who are now grown up and having children – and writes novels for women who feel the same.


She also has a blog, Motherhood for Slackers, which takes a humorous look at parenthood, and includes poems such as ‘Dear Teacher’ about her son starting school which has been shared around the world. Emma is an English teacher and lives in Essex with a patient husband and two children who are an endless source of material.


https://twitter.com/emmarobinsonuk

https://motherhoodforslackers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodforslackers/



The Husband’s Daughter
By 
Emma Robinson
Review
By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emma Robinson,  Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Oh I knew Emma Robinson was going to pull on my heart strings with her latest novel The Husband’s Daughter just by the book cover! (Kudos to the graphic designer who created this cover! Beautiful job!) OMG WOW! Right from the prologue my heart melted!! It was beautifully written! I knew right there and then I better have some tissues ready. Oh boy did I need them!! 


Emma has a gift for writing incredibly emotionally driven books that capture your heart! In her latest The Husband’s Daughter is one of those must read books that will stay close to your heart even after you finish the book. I even ugly cried during this book!! 


WOW!!! As I was reading the first chapter I felt the whole scene was coming from a prime time soap! The drama, the characters you wanted to slap for annoying you, the shock visitor at such a late hour (seriously, who comes over uninvited at 11pm at night?!) and oh the bombshell of the revelation that came out! I knew right there and then that this book was going to be GOOD!! Emma never disappoints me! 


Emma took the opportunity in this book to focus on a very important woman’s health issue and bring awareness to Ovarian Cancer. She tugged hard really hard at my heart strings with this storyline. Emma showed not told all the emotions and feelings that went behind how this character was diagnosed up until present day. It was a very powerful and emotionally part of the story to read. I found myself tearing up at parts of it. She wrote some very beautiful moments in these scenes. 


Sweet Sophie touched my heart so much!!  Oh how much I adored her and how my heart ached for her in so many ways!! She is too cute for words! 


There was a saying that made me think but also made me laugh in the book. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it sometimes has a damn good try.


Emma mentions in the ending of the book that as a writer she needs to push past her comfort zone in her writing. In this book she wrote about her deepest fear in not seeing her own child grow up. I pray she never has to see that happen! 


I have read many of Emma’s books since reviewing for Bookouture. None of them have affected me so deeply as The Husband’s Daughter. If you have not read any of her books I highly suggest you start with this one. This book I could feel her passion for the characters and the situation behind the story. It is a must read book and her best book ever written! Not to mention a completely shocking twist of events at the end that left me with mixed emotions! 













 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews