Sep 17, 2020

#BlogTour #Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot #JessicaRedland #BoldwoodBooks #NetGalley #RachelsRandomResources



Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Café Cosy up with a mug of hot chocolate for some festive sparkle from bestseller Jessica Redland.


Everyone is getting into the festive spirit on Castle Street - snow is falling, fairy lights are glistening and Christmas shopping is underway.


But for Tara Porter, owner of thriving cafe, The Chocolate Pot, this is the most difficult time of the year. From the outside, Tara is a successful businesswoman and pillar of the community. Behind closed doors, she is lonely.


With a lifetime of secrets weighing on her shoulders, she has retreated from all friends, family and romance, and shut her real self away from the world. Afterall, if you don't let them in, they can't hurt you. She's learnt that the hard way.


But as the weight of her past becomes heavier and an unexpected new neighbour moves onto the street - threatening the future of her cafe - Tara begins to realise that maybe it's time to finally let people back in and confront her history. It could just change her life forever...


Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Café was originally released as Christmas at The Chocolate Pot Café. Now re-released with a new title and new cover, this version has been freshly edited and features several new chapters.

 

Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3i98oKO

Author Bio –

Jessica Redland is the author of nine novels, including The Secret to Happiness, which are all set around the fictional location of Whitsborough Bay. Inspired by her hometown of Scarborough she writes uplifting women’s fiction which has garnered many devoted fans.

 

Social Media Links –

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/JessicaRedlandWriter/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/JessicaRedland

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/JessicaRedlandWriter/

Website - https://www.jessicaredland.com/

Blog - https://jessicaredlandwriter.wordpress.com/

Bookbub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jessica-redland

Mailing list sign up - http://bit.ly/JessicaRedlandNewsletter .





Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Cafe
By
Jessica Redland
Review
By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews



First, I want to thank Jessica Redland, Boldwood Books, NetGalley and Rachel's Random Resources for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


Readers put Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Café by Jessica Redland on your TBR list.  This Christmas story I guarantee is unlike any book in its genre that you have ever read before. It is unforgettable and you won't be able to put it down! This is one book that readers will be talking about til after the Christmas season is over with! 

I don't usually re-read books-but this was just so intense that I would re-read it! Now that is saying a lot! 


Jessica dedicates this book to Liz Pen pal, beta reader, fabulous friend xx  To see a person – to really see them – is to notice all of their magic. To love a person – to really love them – is to remind them of their magic when they’ve forgotten it’s there.


One thing I love about Jessica’s writing (this is my second book I have read of hers) she takes people or places from her real world as inspiration and incorporates them into her story. Her friend Liz is an example of this. It makes the characters and the story more meaningful to her and it shows in her writing. 


If you have read Jessica’s previous book Christmas at Carly’s Cupcakes you will recognize a friendly face. Carly and Carly’s Cupcakes make a few appearances in this book who lends an ear to Tamara. 


Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Café totally surprised me!! The book started off all sweet like many books in this genre do-until we learn about Tamara’s past! WOW!! There were scenes from her past I don’t think anyone reading this book would see coming! They were so intense! I am an open minded reader but even I felt very awkward for Tamara during all of this. It was just so sick and twisted what Leanne was arranging for her sister. However, all this being said it made for one amazing, intense, eye opening, jaw dropping, storyline that blew my mind. Jessica needs to write more storylines in this sub genre she has a gift with this! 


Jessica does bring up some very important topics in this book such as the foster care system. She lets us in to see first hand how Tamera had to navigate the system. Breast Cancer, Depression, Bipolarism, Drug Abuse is also discussed. 


One major thing I loved about this book was how much Tamara and her Dad loved eachother! They had such an incredible loving bond. Hearing their Christmas Eve traditions and how much fun they had truly put a smile on my face and love in my heart. It made me want to call my father and tell him how much I love and appreciate him. 


There is a quote in the book that touched me as I too connected with it on a personal level. “Don’t let your past define you, Tara. You’re stronger than that. And don’t feel you have to tell people about it. You choose what to share and you choose when and, if you really want to share, then find the truth that works for you. People don’t have to know your deepest secrets to know you.”







1 comments:

Jessica Redland said...

Wow! Thank you so much, Heidi, for this gorgeous review of Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Cafe. I actually became quite tearful reading it, touched by the parts and the quotes that had resonated with you. I'm thrilled that Tara's past blew your mind. I don't plan my stories. I know a rough storyline and I know my characters really well and they tell me about themselves as the story unfolds. Tara's backstory blew me away too and, as you say, it makes this story very different among the Christmas ones. A few readers haven't liked the turn it takes but most, like you, have been gripped by it and ultimately see Tara's journey for what it is; an uplifting read about someone overcoming extreme adversity. Your words are so kind and mean a lot to me. Thank you ever so much
Jessica x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews