Jul 20, 2020

#BookReview Gravity By Mona Sedrak


Gravity 
Mona Sedrak
Release Date: July 15th
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Womens Fiction, Sweet Romance
287 pages

Introduction:
Gravity is a heart-warming story of two individuals from remarkably differing backgrounds that are inexplicably drawn to one another, forming a strong friendship and falling in love–– despite the odds against them. The story depicts the beautiful Middle Eastern culture I was raised in and its many traditions as well as some of its challenges. Readers will identify with this story, no matter their background because it speaks to and awakens the human heart. 

Gravity is about tolerance, acceptance, understanding, and forgiveness. Finally, it is a story of love and hope. When I started writing Gravity several years ago, I couldnt have predicted how relevant it would be today. At the end of the day, I want readers to understand that although we may be different, as members of the human race, our similarities out-weigh our differences and love is the universal language that binds us.  



Gravity: A force pulling together people and hearts. 

After being shunned by her Middle Eastern family, medical assistant Leila Solomon struggles to build a life for herself and her child. Landscape photographer Aiden Stone built a career seeing what others miss, and the second he meets Leila, he is drawn to her unassuming beauty and fragile strength.

Leila cannot defy the gravitational forces pulling her toward Aiden and to the family who cast her out. To build a future with Aiden, she must face the past but is she strong enough to resist being pulled back into the family fold?


  



Author Bio
Mona Sedrak lives in Cincinnati, Ohio and works as a university administrator and professor. Although she has co-published two academic books, she is now writing mainstream fiction and women's fiction. She is an avid reader and is probably Audible's best customer. 

Writing and reading fiction is her escape from reality.

Mona lives with her husband of 30+ years, a geriatric maltipoo, and an Amazon Parrot named Pretzel. She binge watches too many shows to count and she loves fine brandy.


https://books2read.com/u/meeBBz


Excerpt:
Aiden

He smiled, took a step back, and met her gaze. "I'm a fairly easy going guy, but I have my quirks. One of them is my persistence. When I see something I desire, I go after it with relentless tunnel vision and focus. I chase the elusive. Often, others can't see what I do, or they're simply not brave enough to take risks, defy gravity, and uncover and unleash what's hidden. But do you know what I find each and every time I trust my gut, put in the time, and do the work?" 
"What?" she whispered, entranced by his voice and his molten eyes.
"Heart stopping, raw, wild, and unimaginable beauty.” Aiden grinned. I'm a landscape photographer. Photography is not only what I do. Photography is also who I am. Through the lens of my camera, I see what others think only exists in dreams and movies. I believe. I commit. If you decide to come inside, I'll show you what I'm talking about." He spun and strode the door.
Aiden said his piece and issued a challenge. Leila could walk away or cross the threshold and take a chance, praying this time her heart wasnt trampled. She chewed on her lower lip. Even if she walked away, Aiden wouldnt. The man would track her down.
Standing, Leila paced. She was out of her element––stuck between two worlds. Too Americanized, she didnt fit into the Egyptian culture. Yet, she wasnt American enough.






 Gravity 
By 
Mona Sedrak
Review by 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews



First, I want to thank Mona Sedrak for providing me with this copy of this book so I may bring you this review.

Gravity by Mona Sedrak focused her book on families of different ethnic backgrounds and different life situations. Each story brought out a different emotion with in you. 

I myself had a huge soft spot for AJ who is a kid with Down Syndrome. Mona did an amazing job with his dialect with this character so it was believable that he had Down’s. He was the sweetest little boy that loved fish, his Daddy and his Mommy Ty. One adorable scene when he met a little girl named Mollie and they became instant friends. His character pulled super hard on my heart strings with all his minor ailments that turned into complications! 

I loved how Leila says how every day counts. Always remember, every second we are on this earth together is a blessing. Family is everything. I totally believe this with all my heart. This book is all about families from all walks of life. 

I laughed that Mia was the only girl her age that I knows that doesn’t want nor like chocolate cake on her birthday!! She would rather have baklava! 

I loved the Thomas Kincaid reference as I was a huge fan of his paintings. So, for him to be compared to Peter Lik the Australian known for his photography is impressive. 

I loved the budding relationship between Leila and Aiden. 

One lesson in this book is everyone makes a mistake in their lifetime. If you choose not to forgive them you are not just hurting them-but-yourself in the long run. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews