Jul 2, 2020

#BookonTour The Life She Left Behind By Nicole Trope #Bookouture #NetGalley




When I wake up in the middle of the night, it’s not a sound that disturbs me. It’s a feeling. Silently, I creep to my daughter’s room, breathing a sigh of relief when I see her sleeping, her night-light twirling, butterfly shapes moving their pink wings. Quickly, I lock the door. I won’t let anything happen to my little girl.

You tell him everything. The husband you adore, the father of your child, your best friend.

He knows, just by looking at your sage-green eyes, when something is wrong. The two of you can communicate with a glance, or a touch of the hand.

Except what if you can’t?

What if your happy marriage has plastered over one huge lie? A lie you have even started to believe yourself, in order to survive?

What if you have a secret, something you have hidden from your beloved husband and your strawberry-scented baby girl, to keep them safe? What if the guilt has kept you up, night after night, for as long as you can remember?

What happens when suddenly, after twenty-eight years, that secret refuses to stay buried? What will you do now everyone you love, everything you cherish, is in harm’s way?

An emotional, thought-provoking and beautifully written novel which examines the pieces of ourselves we are afraid of, and the impossible decisions we make when we are desperate. Fans of Jodi Picoult, Kerry Fisher and Liane Moriarty will be moved by this heartbreaking tale.  




Nicole Trope went to university to study Law but realised the error of her ways when she did very badly on her first law essay because, as her professor pointed out, ‘It’s not meant to be a story.’

She studied teaching instead and used her holidays to work on her writing career and complete a Masters’ degree. In between raising three children, working for her husband and renovating houses, she has published six novels. She lives in Sydney, Australia. 


The Life She Left Behind 
By Nicole Trope
Review by 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Nicole Troupe, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.

Nicole Trope is back with another very emotional, suspenseful, and thrilling read in The Life She Left Behind. Each book I read of hers keeps getting better and better. 

The graphic designer did an amazing job capturing the total emotion in this book. Nicole really puts the feels into this book. The cover is what automatically roped me into reading the book-plus I am a fan of the author. 

This is one book that you have to pay attention to when it goes from present day to the past. If you blink you will miss something as this is a fast paced book. It sometimes felt like I was reading two books that were intertwined. 

This book deals with difficult subjects like domestic abuse, bullying, stalking, and a dying parent.

Nicole focused on the dynamic of Mother and Daughter in this book. The relationship Rachel had with Beth was very special. Beth was adorable and loved her Mommy so much. She captured my heart. The other was Rachel and her mother. That was a heartbreaking one to read. So many times I wanted to hug her. 

People always say to write what you know. However, I loved that Nicole said that never worked for her. She writes out of fear. She writes about families in crisis and that is one of the reasons I adore her stories. She comes up with amazing stories. 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews