Jun 18, 2020

Who Hides Here? Footprints in the Forest. By Rachel Coverdale and Illustrated by Shelly Oyston #ChildrensBook


A charming picture book with beautiful illustrations allowing children to discover which animals have made footprints in the forests and woodland. Written with a sing-song rhythm and rhyme, children will delight in joining in with the grown-ups reading to them.




I was brought up in the beautiful North Yorkshire moors and daydreamed my way through my school years. Being the adventurous type, I made the dramatic 11 mile move to Teesside where I continue to daydream.
When did I first begin writing stories? Well I suppose I was speaking them before writing them. I used to make up bedtime stories for my little brother about a squirrel – I wish I could remember the squirrel’s name. Then I began Primary school, and much to my teachers’ dismay, I daydreamed right the way through it. I would look out the window and be mesmerised by the iridescence of the longMy mum was elegant, beautiful and intelligent – I inherited her tiny bladder. This has resulted in so many hilarious compromising situations. Well usually more hilarious for my friends than me. My bare bottom must have appeared on motorway CCTV so many times over the years! I also gained my dislike of cooking from her – the difference being, she was begrudgingly brilliant at it, whereas the smoke alarm is the signal for my children that tea is ready to be endured. From Mum I also gained my love of books.  She was always reading and always interested in what I was reading. Luckily for me, she was very calm and totally understood me – even if I didn’t understand myself.
My father is my biggest influence. I spent most of my childhood with him as we shared the same hobbies. He would take me to pony events, car rallies and shows and taught me how to swim. He also taught me everything I know about the animals and the countryside we grew up in which is a strong influence in the stories I like to write. He is also very, very funny (and rather eccentric, but don’t tell him I told you!) Dad has that wonderful ability to retell a tale in such a way that even the most mundane events can sound uproarious with his retelling. Childhood was full of adventures with Dad although we had to play them down to my mother. She would have been horrified at some of our escapades!
As a grown-up I rediscovered children’s books through my own children, my ‘borrowed’ children and my job as an English teacher then a librarian. I have so many stories floating around in my head, partly influenced by real events and mostly just completely made up that I’ve decided now is the time to write them. I really hope that the readers will enjoy them as much as I enjoy writing them.



Who Hides Here? Footprints in the Forest. 
By Rachel Coverdale 
Illustrated by Shelly Oyston
Review by 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Rachel Coverdale for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Who Hides Here Footprints In The Forest by Rachel Coverdale is a great book for kids who love animals. This is a cute, fun, educational and interactive book with incredible illustrations. 

Shelly Oystun needs to be commended on her beautiful pictures she created for Who Hides Here Footprints In The Forest. The animals looked so lifelike and the colors just popped!

What child wouldn’t like this book?! Kids love animals and on each page you see a beautiful picture of the animal. Rachel takes you on an amazing journey that is educational (even I learned some things) and interactive. 

Rachel decided to come up with this great idea and do two things many authors never enter it into their book. At the end of the book you are able to put your child’s picture in it to make it personalized and also there are some very cute activities at the end of the book.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this fabulous review of my little book :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews