Mar 30, 2020

Review: Praying for a Miracle When It’s Hopeless By Isabella Milan




Praying for a Miracle When It’s Hopeless

Have you ever been given news that made you feel as if you were a prisoner sentenced to death? That was my initial feeling when I was told I had Breast Cancer with metastasis to my brain, that my husband wanted a divorce, and that I needed to fight for custody of my son. Suddenly, my days seemed endless and my nights were tiresome. To many, this would seem as if the days were numbered. But I held the strength to overcome this diagnosis and major life setbacks.
Money was low, I found myself states away, couch surfing while on SSI, and was unsure of the next steps. Through prayer, hope and the work of God, I was able to change my mindset and how I handled the situations placed before me. I learned these were just roadblocks in life’s path. Tough days are expected, and trials will come, but it is how you handle it that sets you apart from the rest.
The story that you are about to read is one of what helped me over-come this very rocky road: praying, strength, and survival. The experience left me broken, in despair and absent of hope. Become engrossed in the pages as I rediscover my purpose. My ability to hope again. Live again. Dream again.





My book “Praying for Miracle when it's Hopeless is a memoir written from my experience with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. I had to battle this ruthless disease, go through a gut-wrenching divorce, and fight not only for my life but custody of my son simultaneously. Survival rates for my cancer type are merely 22%. (God gave 15+ years!) Did you know that statics show 1 of 8 women will get breast cancer? This book was written to give victims, survivors, families, and friends HOPE.  They must know that a breast cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence!   My anticipation for this book is to possibly change thousands of people’s concept of breast cancer and give them HOPE for extending their lives. Please help me help others.


Isabella and her Son 
Website
Isabella Milan is from the San Francisco Bay Area and educated in Southern California. She completed three degrees, including an MS in Sports Psychology, an MBA and a Doctoral Candidate in Clinical Psychology. Due to her life-threatening cancer, she underwent two mastectomies and reconstruction surgeries during 2004-2005. In 2007Isabella encountered Stage 4 Breast Cancer metastasis to her brain, leading to another surgery. In 2008, she was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus.  A shunt was surgically inserted into her brain to drain the water in her brain to her bladder. Isabella has looked breast cancer and other illnesses in the face and survived their wrath. Her motto: Keep Fighting! Never Give Up! God Has You!!  She is a 15-yearStage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor, resides in Texas, and is currently enjoying seeing her son experience college life.  A site she thought she would never survive to see.

Her 1st book, “Praying for a Miracle when it’s Hopeless”,discusses her physical, mental, and emotional struggle with Stage 4 Breast Cancer while going through a gut-wrenching divorce, and a fight for custody of her son. I was sent away in a wheelchair and a diaper by my husband back to my family in CA; leaving me penniless and hopelessI have no answers as to why my husband tried abandoning me, divorcing me, and leaving me for dead fighting for my life, and for visitation and custody of my son.

Isabella before Breast Cancer


Praying for a Miracle When It Is Hopeless
By Isabella Milan
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews




First, I want to thank Isabella Milan for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


I commend Isabella Milan for opening up her heart and soul and sharing us her story in Praying for a Miracle When It’s Hopeless. She is an incredibly strong woman who shares her emotional, physical and mental journey she went through with Breast Cancer. Many times I wanted to reach into the book and just hug her. 


This is a book that everyone that is either going through cancer or has a loved one that has cancer. She shares how this diagnosis affected her marriage and what cruel things he did to her. Let’s just say that man I hope I never meet!! 


Isabella is an incredible writer and despite everything she always held her faith of God with her. That is what got her through this. 


As I was reading what she wrote some of the words hit home big time to what we as a country are dealing with today. It was those passages I needed to read as I am having a hard time coping with what is going on. I know Isabella was referring to herself and I totally got her meaning. But she also made me sit back and think. It        a powerful part.

If you are fascinated like medicine like I am or a female concerned about her breast health you are in luck. Isabella does a fantastic job educating us about everything we need to know in detail about breast health. 

Isabella has a beautiful heart inside and out. She is the lucky one who who survived what she did. Now she is taking what she has learned and using it to help others in need here with her support and guidance.


   
      






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews