Feb 7, 2020

Review: Someone I Used To Know By David Bell

Somebody I Used to KnowSomebody I Used to Know by David Bell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank NetGalley, David Bell, and Penguin Group for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

David Bell does an amazing job grasping the reader’s full attention from the first page to this fantastically written mystery novel. There were so many twist, turns, and draw dropping speechless moments that I was on the edge of my seat for.

I loved the beginning of the book when Nick is at the grocery store and he thinks he sees his long lost late college sweetheart Marissa at the grocery store. We have all done that seen someone’s doppelganger. This was an odd coincidence that he would run into someone that looked exactly like her 20 years later. Odd thing is she seemed scared of him.



That is where the story gets really good. Shocking death, murder, funeral, secrets kept, revelations, pregnancy, fire, obstruction, conspiracy, etc.

My heart went out to Nick for everything he was put through during the story. All he wanted to know what happened to his one true love 20 years later. What he got was way more than he bargained for.

While reading the book I had Qotye’s song Somebody That I Used To Know playing in my head over and over.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews