Feb 6, 2020

Review: The Boy in the Barn By Ciana Stone

The Boy in the BarnThe Boy in the Barn by Ciana Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I want to thank Ciana Stone for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Dang!! Boy in the Barn was the darkest books that Ciana Stone has ever written. I have been a huge fan of hers and knows that she writes in multiple genres (one reason she is one of my favorite authors). However, this one is unlike any of the other ones she has written before. I a very extremely open-minded reader but there were times when she shocked the heck out of me! I had to make sure this was a Ciana book. Yup, no hot cowboys in this one lol!

This book contains triggers so please keep this in mind when deciding to read Ciana’s book. The Boy in the Barn contains physical and sexual abuse, of torture and murder. It also deals with child abuse and sex trafficking. This book is not for the faint of heart.

From the first few pages I was totally shocked out of my mind. Then I thought oh how I wish this could have happened to one of my exes! But wow that must have hurt!!

There was one scene that was very prudish even for Ciana that I had to laugh like crazy! I can’t give it away! Let’s just say it involved anal sex.

I will admit I was not a fan of the cult or what happened in the cult. Some of the scenes were extremely graphic and my heart went out to those who were affected by it. I would definitely read from Ciana if she continues this path-but some scenes were little too much.

What I did love was the amazing love story in this book. Yes, she found away to get a love story in here.

If you have read her books in the past you know that she loves the Navy Seals. There is a storyline about this as well.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews