Jan 12, 2020

Review: No, We Can't Be Friends By Sophie Ranald #BookonTour #Bookouture #NetGalley



He was perfect. Denim-blue eyes, a dazzling smile. And he hadn’t sent me a picture of his junk. Which is about as rare, these days, as a Dodo.

When Sloane met Myles, everything fell into place. He loved a Martini almost as much as she did, shared her passion for four-cheese pizzas, and made her laugh harder than any episode of Friends. She’d found The One at last and she could finally delete Tinder, forgetting all those waste-of-space men she’d never have to date again.

But then she finds out that Myles has a secret. A very big one.

The fairytale is over. Her heart is blown to smithereens. Drowning her sorrows in Ben & Jerry’s can only get Sloane so far before she has to decide… Can she learn to love herself more than she loved the love of her life? And what if, after everything, she’s got Myles – and his secret – all wrong?

No, We Can’t Be Friends is a brilliantly relatable, hilarious and feel-good novel that every woman with a waste-of-space ex HAS to read! If you’re a fan of romantic comedies by Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk, and TV shows like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin, pick up this laugh-out-loud book – you won’t regret it.


Website: sophieranald.com 
Twitter: @SophieRanald
 
Sophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s. As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she'd never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and attempt to write full-time. After one false start, It Would Be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?) seemed to write itself. Her second, third and fourth novels followed. Sophie also writes for magazines and online about food, fashion, finance and running. She lives in south-east London with her amazing partner Hopi and Purrs, their adorable little cat. 

To find out about Sophie's forthcoming releases and get access to free books and special offers, sign up to her newsletter at sophieranald.com 

No, We Can't Be Friends 
By Sophie Ranald
Review By Heidi Lynn's Book Review's

First, I want to thank Sophie Ranald, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

No, We Can’t Be Friends by Sophie Ranald is another book by Bookouture that makes me glad that I am single. Plus, a reminder of why I am not so trusting of men! That being said I get so into these books. So much so you may find me yelling at my book because I got so mad at the one character. There are some things you just don’t say behind your wife’s back!!

This was one cover that has been different than most of Bookouture’s covers. It was cartoonish and very cute. It represented the theme of the book well. Not to mention the title of the book cracked me up. These two features caught my eye at first then the synopsis hooked me. So, congrats to the graphic designers.

No, We Can’t Be Friends cracked me up from the very beginning of this book!! I could not stop laughing! Throughout the book she threw some other comical bits into the mix. I loved how she mentioned Joey, Monica and Chandler. Plus, she even mentioned that Slone used Tinder (she is the first author I read to use this in her book).

This book had one main storyline that revolved around the marriage of Slone and Myles. This one had a lot of ups and downs with a lot of betryals. This was the storyline I mentioned earlier that I yelled at him! He was not my favorite character in this book! My heart went out to Slone many times during this book!

One story that pulled on my heart strings was the one between Slone and her Mom. It was not like most relationships you read about. I could tell by reading this part that the author was passionate about this storyline. She drew out so many difficult emotions in both Slone, the mother, and her father. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews