Jan 25, 2020

Begin AgainBegin Again by Christy Newton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank Christy Newton for providing me this book so I may bring you this review.

Begin again by Christy Newton was such cute romantic story about two broken souls starting over again. This book was full with love, loss, tragedy, exotic animals, learning to let go and opening up your heart again.

After reading this book I have a serious craving for apple pie!! Maisie worked at the Diner where Ryan became a regular at. He could just walk in and Maise would know he wanted apple pie and milk. However, some days he would surprise her and order blueberry. I could picture Ryan and Maisie at the diner vividly.



I found Ryan’s profession as a Vet to small Exotic Animals unique. I have read my fair share of books in my time. However, this is the first time this was a character’s profession.

My heart went out to Maise for what happened to her late husband and her child. I totally understood why she was so guarded around Ryan.

One passage in the book that I really enjoyed was:

This is the reason I didn’t want to get attached again. How may times can a broken heart be shattered into smaller pieces? Her mind rushed back to the tiny pink face. The tiny fingers. She shoved more of the sweet dessert into her mouth. Was Ryan a dad? He seemed so sincere. Whipping her eyes, she stood up to rinse her sticky hands in the creek about a yard away. Never had she eaten a whole pie by herself, especially with her bare hands. Desperate times.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews