Dec 15, 2019

Review: The Argument by Victoria Jenkins #BookonTour #NetGalley


It happens to every mother. One day, the daughter whose whole world you once were, becomes someone you barely know. And you don’t know the secrets she’s hiding…
Googleplay: http://bit.ly/2ljeMqo

One night, 15-year-old Olivia comes home late from a party she was strictly forbidden from going to, and she and her mother, Hannah, start arguing. Soon Olivia speaks the words that every parent has heard from their teenage child:

‘I hate you. You’ve ruined my life. And I’m never speaking to you again.’

Olivia has never been an easy child, a sharp contrast to her easy-going, happy-go-lucky little sister. But Hannah thinks Olivia’s outburst is the end of a normal family argument. In fact, it’s only the beginning of a nightmare…

After one day of silence, Hannah thinks Olivia is taking a teenage sulk too far. After two days, she starts to feel anxious that something more serious could be going on. After a week, when her daughter still hasn’t spoken, Hannah knows that Olivia is hiding a bigger darkness – something that could threaten to tear their precious family apart…

The Argument is an unputdownable psychological thriller that asks how far we can push our families before they finally break. Perfect for fans of Gillian Flynn, The Woman in the Window, and The Silent Patient.





Victoria Jenkins lives with her husband and daughter in South Wales, where her series of crime novels featuring Detectives King and Lane is based. Her debut novel The Girls in the Water is an Amazon UK top 30 bestseller, and top 5 bestseller in the Amazon US chart.

Her first psychological thriller, The Divorce, was published in July 2019. The second, The Argument, publishes December 10th 2019.

The Argument 
By Victoria Jenkins 
Review by Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Victoria Jenkins, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

The Argument by Victoria Jenkins is one of the best reads of 2019! I don’t know how Victoria came up with this story but keep writing like this. You are an incredible asset to this genre!  Victoria Jenkins brings you a book that started out relatable but then oh watch out it got seriously messed up and very twisted. To the point where I have never wanted to smack a character in the book all for not realizing what situation she was really in!

This book tops my list of most twisted darkest psychological books Bookouture has put out-and I LOVED it!! The more I read this genre the more I love it! Victoria Jenkins you are one of the queens of this genre since writing this book! I wont beable to get that middle to ending of the book out of my head!

No joke Victoria had me hooked at Dear Diary! Just that first page was incredibly and totally intense about how a daughter felt about her Mom. I was hooked since then.

What was very relatable in the book were the fights between Mother and Daughter. The teenage rebellion and wanting to fit in like the others. I totally got that aspect of the story. I was once her to an extent.

The raw deep bottled up emotions in this book, the secrets kept for many years, the exploding shocking twists that I never saw coming, the similarities between the characters that were revealed, WOW what a story!

She also did an amazing job dragging out that storyline til BAM the story really exploded! Hold on to your seats because she is going to take you to no where any author has ever been before.

When all that is said and done my heart truly went out to Olivia in this. 

1 comments:

Jeanine Lunsford said...

Heidi Lynn, your review has left me no choice! I had to pop over to Amazon and buy this gem. Can't wait to read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews