Jun 6, 2018

What Nobody Knew by Ameilia Hendrey

Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077Y2G3XN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_uKNlAb37QM425

#Shareifyoucare book trailer https://www.facebook.com/ameliahendreyauthor/posts/230817387503189
#NetGalley

First, I want to thank Ameila Hendrey for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Warning to fellow readers this book is not for everyone. This book has topics such as violence, domestic abuse, verbal abuse, rape, abandonment at age 3, and could be a trigger to many. The material in this book is not for the faint of heart. Read at your own risk.

Ameila Hendrey is one of the bravest and one of the strongest woman I know to share her story in What Nobody Knew.  This is her story of the emotional, mental and most of all the horrid physical pain that was inflicted by her father over and over throughout the years. How her Step Mom just let it happen and how her biological Mom at age 3 abandoned her.
So many times I wanted to jump in the book and rescue her from everything that was going on. 

You cant help but get emotionally attached to this character whom pulls on so many of your heart strings. Infact, there are two times in this book that I literally cried for Amelia! I said this once and I will say it again nobody deserves what Amelia went through. This is one book that will stick with you way after the book ends.

One of the aspect of the books that I really enjoyed were the reports from Social Services. You got their view of what they thought what was really happening to Ameila. Obviously, some personal information to respect the privacy was left out. 

However, In this story you got Ameila’s truth, her father’s lies, and what Social Services.

I seriously think this would make an awesome movie on Lifetime TV or a Netflix Original. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews