May 17, 2018

The World Through Wanderers' Eyes by Christopher Joseph Hicks



First, I want to thank Christopher Joseph Hicks for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Christopher Joseph Hicks whom wrote The World Through Wanderer’s Eyes is an incredibly gifted story teller. This book was unlike any other book I had ever read before. I was totally blown away and by a new author too. You could tell by his writing style that he was very passionate about his characters and the story-lines. The story-lines were very inspiring, motivating, and brought out many emotions in me while reading it.

This is a story of Gene who on his day off from driving wanted to see the sites of San Diego. So, he took an adventure that he would never forget on the city bus. He met some amazing people who shared some incredible stories that touched Gene in many different ways. They will also touch your heart in many ways as well.

Christopher goes into topics many don’t write about and that is what makes this book so different and so unique. Topics like what it is really like to be homelessness, second chances, lost loves, not giving up, divorce, and good Samaritans.

In between the story Christopher wrote beautiful poetry that coincided with where the story was going.

I have read many Dedications in my day but nothing as so genuine and from the heart as this one. Christopher’s Dedication was extremely beautiful in reference to his Grampa Herbert Gene Cain. Gene is the name of the main character in the book. Reading about him in his Dedication put a smile on my face and could see why he put him in his book. I also loved how he thanked Gayatri and how she introduced him to “The Alchemist.” This is mentioned in the book and Gayatri is mentioned several times. So much so that I want to read this book. She seems like an amazing woman to have this much effect on him.

This is a book that the characters will stay close to your heart well after you finish the book.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews