May 17, 2018

Puppet Child by Talia Carner


First, I want to thank Taila Carner for providing me with this book so I may bring this review.

Puppet Child by Talia Cerner was one of those books that will stay inside your memory even after you have finished the book. If you are a parent, grandparent or even an aunt (like I am) this story will bring up many emotions in you. It might even be a trigger for many whom have gone through something like this. Warning this book has somewhat graphic scenes that are somewhat shocking. I will admit I was not expecting the first incident. That all being said Talia did an amazing job keeping my interest from start to finish. Puppet Child was unlike anything I had ever read before.

Sweet 5-year-old Ellie is the one my heart ached for the most! She was the innocent victim in all of this! She had no idea what was really going on with her father’s “Games”. Oh how I hated that man Wes! I didn’t care if he was a famous surgeon! Nobody should be doing that to his daughter!! He is a sick twisted man!! I wanted to jump into the story and make him stop and hug Ellie and say it would be ok!

Throughout reading this book I couldn’t help but think this would be a perfect movie for the big screen. It has so many twists and turns to make a good show.

The whole judicial system in this book made me so upset!! Ellie’s Mom wanted full custody but nobody was believing her that Ellie was being molested. They thought that she was blocking his rights to see the girl. Rachel had proof it was all over Elli’s body!! There were times in the book I would yell and scream at the judge!

I really liked the relationship that was forming between Rachel and Phil. However, I didn’t like how Gerald bailed on her when she needed him the most. I felt as if he was a coward.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews