Jun 29, 2024

#BooksonTour #InTheBlinkofanEye #KateHewitt #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

It only took a moment for everything to go wrong. A little girl is hurt, but who is to blame?

I’m so happy as I walk to pick up my seven-year-old son from the birthday party. It’s his first since we moved here, and I know he’s found it hard settling in. Just as I’ve found it hard to make friends among the mothers at the school gates. But as I turn the corner, my heart stops when I see an ambulance.

I start to run. 
My son, is all I can think. I have to find my son.

As I race into the garden, desperately searching for my blue-eyed little boy, a fellow parent turns to me, her finger pointed. The words out of her mouth make my blood run cold.

Your son did this. This is your fault.”

Surely that can’t be true? My son can be difficult, but I’d know if he was capable of hurting someone… Wouldn’t I?

As a little girl is lifted onto a stretcher, I feel my world come crashing down. My heart cracks in two for this poor child, her devastated family. Because there’s no coming back from this. An innocent girl has been hurt. My son is being blamed. 
But I’m his mother, and I’ll do whatever it takes to find out what really happened…

A totally gripping and emotional novel about trust, female friendship and betrayal. Perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult, Liane Moriarty and Susan Lewis.
Kate Hewitt is the author of many romance and women’s fiction novels. A former New Yorker and now an American ex-pat, she lives in a small town on the Welsh border with her husband, five children, and their overly affectionate Golden Retriever. Whatever the genre, she enjoys telling stories that tackle real issues and touch people’s lives.

https://www.kate-hewitt.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KateHewittAuthor/
https://twitter.com/author_kate

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Kate Hewitt here: https://www.bookouture.com/kate-hewitt

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo


In The Blink Of An Eye 

Written By Kate Hewitt 

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Kate Hewitt, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


WOW!!! Kate Hewitt is known for her well written stories that pulls on your heartstrings. However, this time around she surprised me and did something a little bit different. She actually went a little darker than she usually does and I Liked that side of her! It made for a very interesting read. 


I will admit the book wasn't as fast paced in the beginning as I usually liked. However when it did pick up I sped through the book no problem. 


Kate educated her readers with such important medical conditions such as being a sociopath, conduct disorder, bullying, harassment, ADHD, ADD, and PDD.  


#TeamKieren. All the way!! He was the one that pulled hard on my heartstrings the most. My heart went out to him for all that he was being accused of, how he was being treated, 


I can’t imagine being a parent and the horror of finding your child the way they did! It was truly a shocking and heartbreaking scene! 


There were a lot of wicked twists and turns and some shocking moments as well. 


Overall it is a great read. If you are a fan of Kate’s book you need to pick this one up. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews