Feb 23, 2024

#BooksonTour #TheCustodyBattle #EllieMonago #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

The Custody Battle: A completely gripping and addictive domestic suspense novel 

 

“What’s going to happen to me?” my little girl asks, clutching her teddy bear tight. “Daddy and I love you,” I reply. “Nothing is going to change.” But I was so wrong. How far will I have to go to keep my darling daughter?

When Greg and I first decided to separate, we promised to keep it civil for our daughter Lola. So when she stopped wanting to hug me, I thought Lola was just struggling with the divorce. Then she started screaming at me, calling me a liar, and I could hear Greg in her words. I’m certain he’s trying to turn our baby against me.

He’s determined to dig up dirt on me, to make the court think I’m a terrible mother… But two can play that game.



So when he reveals the worst thing I have ever done, my heart pounds in my chest. Because I know Greg’s deep dark secrets, too. But the more we each try to win, the harder it is to turn back. Now I’m terrified that we’ve put Lola in terrible danger…

By the time we realise what we’ve done, will it be too late for us to save her, or ourselves?

A completely gripping dark domestic suspense novel about a family tearing themselves apart, perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty and Sally Hepworth.

 

https://geni.us/B0CP8932MQcover


Ellie Monago is the pen name of an acclaimed novelist and practicing therapist. She’s also a wife and mother, and when you add it all up, she doesn’t wind up with much time for hobbies. But she’s an avid tennis fan, a passionate reader of both fiction and nonfiction—especially memoir (nothing’s as juicy as the truth!)—and she relishes a good craft cocktail.








The Custody Battle 

Written By Ellie Monago 

Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


 First, I want to thank Ellie Monago, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Ohh the emotional rollercoaster I went on with Ellie Monago’s latest The Custody Battle! Divorce is hard but having a child in between the two I can’t imagine it. Even as an adult the divorce of my parents was hard on me. My heart went out to Lola who was put in the middle of all of this! 


One aspect of the book that I really enjoyed reading was the journal entries of Madeline and Greg. Each of them telling the readers how they met and how they were feeling at the time. I gravitated more to Greg's journal entries as he was more open than Madeline. 


There is just so much going on in this book with the emotions up and down, the secrets, the bombshell revelations, the betrayal and the backstabbing. Ellie threw some twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews