Jul 10, 2023

#BlogTour #AfterYouWereGone #VikkiWakefield #NoExitPress #RandomThingsTours

 


 What happens to a family when a child goes missing?
In a busy street market, Abbie lets go of six-year-old Sarah’s hand. She isn’t a bad mother, just exhausted. When she turns around, her daughter isn’t there.

Six years later, Abbie is in love and getting married. But her fragile peace is constantly threatened: not knowing what happened to Sarah is like living with a curse.

Then she receives a phone call from an unknown number.
A man claims to know what happened to Sarah, but if Abbie tells anyone or fails to follow his instructions, she’ll never find out the truth.

After You Were Gone is an edge-of-your-seat thriller that poses the question: How far would you go to find your child?





Vikki Wakefield writes fiction for young adults and adults. Her books explore family, class and relationships in a contemporary setting. Her novels All I Ever Wanted, Friday Brown, Inbetween Days and Ballad for a Mad Girl have been shortlisted for numerous awards. This Is How We Change The Ending won Book of the Year: Older Readers, Children’s Book Council Awards, 2020. After You Were Gone, a psychological thriller, is her first novel for adults. She is working on her second one.

After You Were Gone 
Written By Vikki Wakefield 
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Vickki Wakefield, No Exit Press, and Random Things Tours for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


Oh you know me I love a good missing person case! After You Were Gone by Vikki Wakefield is no exception. However, this seemed so much different than the others in the genre! Which is a good thing that it was fresh and new!


Parents, you have to watch what you say to your kids! What may seem to be a joke they may take it to heart! This is what happened in After You Were Gone! I just can’t imagine what that poor mother was feeling at the time! 


I will be honest that the caller that kept calling totally freaked me out to the max! They seemed to know every little detail of Abbie’s life! I got so frustrated with their controlling demands that I yelled at my Kindle. 


A Swim Coach was a very cool yet out of the box career choice to give Abbie. In all of my reading and reviewing career I have never seen this portrayed in a book. 


All the pop culture references I totally adored! Made me smile a little bit!


Ohh the secrets and the twists and turns in this psychological thriller were intense!! Not to mention the mind blowing revelations! 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews