Oct 26, 2022

#BooksonTour #TheGoodWife #ElleryKane #Bookouture #NetGalley

My husband has been accused of something terrible. But what I’m about to do is much worse…

I’m sick to my stomach when I hear about the young woman found dead outside my husband’s music studio the night of our wedding anniversary. She and Theo were close, so when the police knock on the door as our daughter sleeps peacefully upstairs, I think they’re just trying to rule him out. But then I see the panicked look in his eyes…

“That’s not possible. I just saw her—”. I watch my perfect husband freeze. Just moments earlier, he had told the cops he hadn’t seen her. Why is he changing his story?

Most women would leave him—take their child and run for the hills. But I won’t. Theo and I have been together a long time. I know his secrets. And he knows mine… well, most of them. I’m the best lawyer in this town and I’m his only chance. I will defend him, whatever the cost.

As the police begin to pick apart our relationship, they don’t paint a pretty picture, and even some of our so-called friends begin to tell stories. My whole life has been a lie.

Can I really trust the man I love?

And when push comes to shove, can he trust me?

Fans of Gone GirlThe Girl on the Train and The Housemaid will love this spine-tinglingly tense psychological thriller with a mind-blowing twist!

BUY LINKS 

https://geni.us/B0B9HG23RCsocial


Audible:

UK: http://ow.ly/Tz1r50LcTeW

US: http://ow.ly/gqTg50LcTeX


Listen here: http://ow.ly/8LJS50LcTeY


Author Bio:

Forensic psychologist by day, novelist by night, Ellery Kane has been writing--professionally and creatively--for as long as she can remember. Just like many of her main characters, Ellery loves to ask why, which is the reason she became a psychologist in the first place. Real life really is stranger than fiction, and Ellery's writing is often inspired by her day job. Evaluating violent criminals and treating trauma victims, she has gained a unique perspective on the past and its indelible influence on the individual. And she's heard her fair share of real life thrillers.


Ellery lives in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, a picturesque setting that provides the backdrop for many of her novels. If you don't find Ellery interviewing murderers behind prison walls or pecking away at her latest novel, she is probably at the gym landing a solid jab-cross to a punching bag; riding bicycles with her special someone; or enjoying a movie the old-fashioned way--at the theater with popcorn and Milk Duds.


Ellery was previously selected as one of ten semifinalists in the MasterClass James Patterson Co-Author Competition, and she recently signed a three book deal with Bookouture for her new Rockwell and Decker mystery thriller series. The first book is scheduled for release in 2020.


If you'd like to receive a notification when new books are released, please sign up for Ellery's newsletter at ellerykane.com. Ellery also signs e-books on authorgraph.com.


FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/TheLegacyBooks


TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ElleryKane


BOOKOUTURE EMAIL SIGN UP: https://www.bookouture.com/ellery-kane


The Good Wife
Written By 
Ellery Kane
Review By 
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Ellery Kane, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.


OH SNAP!! This is Ellery Kane’s BEST book ever written!!! If you have not read any of her books you must give The Good Wife a try! She is just phenomenal at creating stories that think a little outside the box that grasp your attention! This is one of them that is so addictive I read it in one sitting. It was just so hard to put down.


Ohh I was not expecting that little bit of spice in Ellery’s prologue! It was a pleasant way to start her latest book! 


Ellery fascinated me with one of her many storylines in this book that actually made me think. Cassie works in corporate law not criminal law and has been asked to represent her husband Theo in a murder investigation. Now I would think that would be hard for Cassie to do emotionally on a personal level as his wife to handle this. On the same aspect I wondered if this type of thing has ever happened in a real case before. I commended her for being strong in all that came out. Oh this was a very interesting storyline. 


Not only was this a murder case but Theo was a former rockstar that had a big following. So, this was a big case with press releases, interviews of former flames, if you are like me and love celebrities and their lives you will love this book as well.


Abby the little girl oh she pulled on my heartstrings! She was just too adorable! I have to say when she took her first steps to New Kids On The Block Step By Step you know I had a big koolaid grin on my face!!! That is my favorite band ever since I was 13! I even met some of the band members! Yes, I was fangirling! 


On a more serious note there were some serious matters that were addressed in the book that may trigger some. 


The Good Wife has 5 stars and must read all over it!! You should definitely go out and get it! 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews