Oct 8, 2021

#BooksonTour #TheSilentMother #LizLawler #Bookouture #NetGalley

The phone rings. It’s the call every parent dreads. My beautiful son is dead.

He’d been the centre of my world from the moment he was born. Now my perfect life is shattered. In the midst of my grief, I receive an anonymous letter telling me that Tom’s death was not an accident.

So I’ve come to the apartment where my only child lived to find out what really happened. Tom was newly qualified as a doctor, he had a bright future ahead of him. Nothing about the day he died makes sense.

As I get to know the medical staff Tom worked with and his friends living nearby, I’m drawn into a tangled web of lies. Whispers and rumours circulate along the hospital corridors and I start to question how well I really knew my precious boy.

But a mother knows when things don’t add up.

His girlfriend has been keeping her pregnancy secret.
His best friend betrayed him in the weeks before Tom’s death.
His neighbours all have something to hide.

Which one of them would kill? As I get closer to the truth, the stakes become more dangerous. And I realise I could be next on their list…


Buy Links:


Liz Lawler grew up sharing pants, socks, occasionally a toothbrush, sleeping four to a bed. Born in Chatham and partly raised in Dublin, she is one of fourteen children. She spent over twenty years as a nurse and has since fitted in working as a flight attendant, a general manager of a five star hotel, and is now working with trains. She became an author in 2017 when her debut novel Don’t Wake Up was published by Twenty7.


The Silent Mother
Written By
Liz Lawler
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Liz Lawler, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


WOW!!! I can’t imagine how I would feel if I were the mother in Liz Lawler’s The Silent Mother! She gets a call the day before out of the blue that her son is going to court. She shows up not knowing what is going on or where he is even. Only to find out he took his own life. 


This book is about a mother’s love for her son and trying to get answers on what really happened to him. It is tragic, heartbreaking, bittersweet at times, and gripping psychological read. 


The graphics department did an incredible job with the cover to The Silent Mother!! The eye was beautiful yet so creepy in a way. The cover grabbed your interest and you just needed to know what it was about. 


My head spun! What led him to kill himself? What happened when he was facing a court sentence? I wasn’t the only one with the questions either. I loved how his Mom was on the hunt to find the answers. 


Even though we the readers didn’t get a chance to meet Thomas we were able to hear his voice through his journal entries. That gave us an insight of who he was and the life he lived. His Mom got a little more information at times than she needed to know though. However, they were very fascinating and a good read. 


Ruth had a patient that was a beat cop that totally creeped me out big time!! He knew a little TOO much about her! 


My heart hurt that Thomas had finally found someone he truly and deeply connected with only to have someone or something mess it all up! 


The medical cases Ruth had interested me very much, especially Catherine. 


WOW!! Mind blown with many revelations beyond the grave left behind in a letter left behind by Thomas. Which left me with more questions: why did he end his life?









 

1 comments:

Anthony Bidulka said...

There's always something about a parent learning about a child's life (usually after a death or illness) that both compels and repels me. This sounds like a cook set up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews