Oct 12, 2020

#BlogTour #GoneBefore #SamHepburn #Bookouture #NetGalley

 

My name is Phoebe Locklear. I think I’m your daughter.’

I rehearse the words as I walk up the path, clutching a faded old photograph of a little girl with thick dark hair.

When I knock, the door opens, and there she is: the woman I believe is my mother. The woman whose five-year-old daughter disappeared fifteen years ago.

Had I known what would happen next, would I have knocked on that door? Would I take back the lives I’ve destroyed?

But now that I’ve started, there’s no going back. I can’t stop until I find out who I really am.

Even if the truth could kill me.

Twisty, addictive and utterly unputdownable, Gone Before asks what happens when your whole life turns out to be a lie. Perfect for fans of Lisa Jewell, Gone Girl and The Silent Patient.

Author Bio: 

Sam Hepburn read modern languages at Cambridge University and, after a brief spell in advertising, joined the BBC as a General Trainee. She worked as a documentary maker for twenty years and was one of the commissioners for the launch of BBC Four. Since then, she has written several books, including psychological thrillers Gone Before and Her Perfect Life, and novels for young adults and children. She won the 2017 CWA Margery Allingham Short Story award and has been nominated for several other prestigious prizes, including the CILIP Carnegie Medal for her YA thrillers.

 

Sam has worked and travelled widely in Africa and the Middle East, and is a trustee of the Kenyan’s children’s charity, I Afrika. She now lives in London with her husband and children. 

 

Author Social Media Links:

 

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Sam_Osman_Books

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/SamHepburnAuthor



Gone Before

By

Sam Hepburn

Review 

By 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Sam Hepburn, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this review so I can bring you this review.


WOW!!! Sam Hepburn’s latest book Gone Before goes beyond the ripped from the headline story!! She shows you not tells you the human interest side that the media does not show you. This is the part that I crave the most is the human side of the crime. This is one book you must put on your TBR list!! 


Instantly Sam Hepburn grasped my full attention into this intense fast paced read from the first chapter. Her writing style is quite different from the rest of the authors I have read for before-but it suited this book perfectly. She is amazing with her descriptions and emotions behind what the characters were feeling. 


My heart went into so many different directions in this book! Sam will definitely pull on your heartstrings this one! Just so many emotions for so many characters in this book. 


Gone Before started the book out one way and then-BAM-the story takes a huge 180 degrees turn!! WOW! Sam totally shocked me and didn’t see any of that coming!! 



 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews (heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com) Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews