Jul 15, 2020

#BookonTour One Last Second By Sam Vickery #Bookouture #NetGalley




I never expected to be doubted, but if I can't make them believe me, what then? I sit here beside her stroking her tiny hands as she sleeps and she looks so perfect. It never crossed my mind that something would be wrong with my sweet girl and I’d be powerless to do anything to help her.

When Madeline's six-year-old daughter Tilly collapses one Sunday night, Madeline’s world is turned upside down. Racing to the hospital, she imagines the worst scenarios in her mind, but when they arrive the doctors say that Tilly is fine.


Madeline’s ex-husband Adam and her best friend Laura think Madeline is being overprotective, that Tilly fainted because of her fussy eating. But Madeline is sure something is seriously wrong with Tilly. She can feel it. And she believes that a mother’s instinct is never wrong.

As Madeline embarks on a desperate journey to have Tilly re-diagnosed, taking her in and out of hospital, Adam and Laura begin to wonder if Tilly would be safer in Adam’s care. Madeline just wants to keep her daughter safe, but the harder she pushes the closer she comes to losing her…

One Last Second is an emotional reminder of just how far a mother will go to protect her child. Readers of Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain and Kate Hewitt will never be able to forget this heartbreaking and beautiful story.  


Sam Vickery is an English author who loves gritty, emotional stories that can make you sob. As a child, she was forever getting in trouble for being caught with her nose in a book, and these days are no different. She lives on the south coast of England with her husband, two children and a cat that thinks it's a dog. 



One Last Second
By
Sam Vickery
Review By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews 

First, I want to thank Sam Vickery, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

WOW!!! Sam Vickery you sure know how to pull on my heart strings in your latest book One Last Second! However, I fell in love with this book way before the last second-you had me from the beginning. This is a must read book that will touch your heart and want to hold your little ones a little tighter. 

Not only did the story melt my heart but the cover graphics did too. Kudos to the graphic designer who so perfectly placed a sweet innocent and beautiful little girl on the cover that represented Tilly. 

I am not a parent but a very proud Auntie and I can’t imagine what it would be like for anyone to witness their little one going through all that Tilly had. Sam did an amazing job bringing out the mental, emotional, and physical aspects in the parents and Tilly herself with the medical issues she was having. 

I am the type of person where I have a huge heart of gold. Many times I wanted to reach into the book and give Tilly a hug. Other times I wanted to scream and yell at the medical professionals who wouldn’t open up their eyes to what was really going on. 

One Last Second brings awareness to ‘Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It is a syndrome I have never heard of before and was very interested in learning more about. Sam does an incredible job educating his readers about what it is, how it is treated and managed. I am hoping with this part of the storyline it will help others that might be dealing with similar situations or know someone who has this. 

They always say write what you know and are passionate about. One Last Second was very personal to the author Sam Vickery. Sam has a daughter with a chronic medical condition so she knows all about what it is like to deal with medical professionals and the day to day dealings of having a sick child. Based on her daughter and her experiences she wanted to write a hospital based story. Which is where the inspiration for this book came from. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews