Jul 31, 2020

#BlogTour The Book Dragon Club by Lexi Rees #RachelsRandomResources



























The Book Dragon Club and The Secret Seven

The Book Dragon Club
Packed with awesome activities, this journal has everything a book dragon needs!
• Tackle the fun reading challenges
• Set up a book club with your friends
• Host award ceremonies and parties
• Make up games and quizzes based on your favourite books
Plus space for book reviews, reading lists and so much more. 

Hi, and thanks so much for inviting me onto your blog to share the inspiration behind The Book Dragon Club.

The first series I remember reading independently was The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton. I still have a soft spot for the series and got really excited when I spotted a box set that was a bargain. I bought it immediately, only to realise two minutes later that it wasn’t THE Secret Seven, it was ANOTHER Secret Seven. Now, I know you can’t copyright a book title, but I confess I used the Highlander catch-phrase, “There can be only one.” It’s not going to surprise you that first in the “books customers who viewed this went on to buy” list was the real Enid Blyton. The fake is sitting on my kindle, unread.


Anyway, back to The Book Dragon Club. Like most kids, the idea of a “secret club” was pure catnip to me. Growing up in a small village in the north of Scotland, we pretty much roamed freely and, together with my friends, we built dens in the woods behind our street in summer, and rearranged furniture and blankets in the living room in winter. I recall my mother retrieving clothes pegs from many constructions when she was doing the laundry. We made membership cards and set passwords (which we almost instantly forgot) and ate biscuits. It was all very Secret Seven, although we lacked mysteries, so they became book clubs.

I’m still a member of several book clubs today, both physical and virtual, and love them all. Which is why I wanted to create something that parents, teachers, and child carers could use to make setting up and running a book club super easy, hence The Book Dragon Club was born! In retrospect, I could have called it The Secret Seven Book Club – I actually think Enid Blyton would have approved! 

Oh, and in case you were wondering, we’re book DRAGONS, because who wants to be a WORM?!

I hope it sparks many book clubs, and that everyone has as much fun with their club activities (creating membership cards, setting passwords, designing logos, building club houses, choosing the books, etc etc) as they do with the reading.

Please do share your club photos with me!

Some of you will know that as well as writing, I run an online kids book club (https://kidsclub.family). This is packed full of cross-curricular activities to further inspire tots to tweens. If you’d like to have a look, I’d be delighted!


Social Media Links – 





Author Bio – 
Lexi Rees was born in Scotland but now lives down south. She writes action-packed adventures brim full of witch-doctors, fortune-tellers, warriors and smugglers, combining elemental magic with hints of dystopia. She also writes fun activity books for children. 

Her fantasy adventure, Eternal Seas, was awarded a "loved by" badge from LoveReading4Kids. The sequel, Wild Sky, is available now. 

She's passionate about developing a love of reading and writing in children and, as well as her Creative Writing Skills workbook, she has an active programme of school visits and other events, is a Book PenPal for three primary schools, and runs a free online #kidsclub and newsletter which includes book recommendations and creative writing activities.

In her spare time, she's a keen crafter and spends a considerable amount of time trying not to fall off horses or boats.



Giveaway to Win a Signed copy of The Book Dragon Club, UK only.



The Book Dragon Club 
By Lexi Rees 
Review by
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Lexi Rees and Rachel’s Rare Resources for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 

What a creative idea Lexi Rees came up with when she wrote The Dragon Book Club! This book is more like a workbook than an actual children’s book. Infact, I would say kids of all ages-even the young at heart would love this book. 

My young nieces and nephew would love this book for all the fun activities and challenges in it. For the artsy children there is a place to cut out and make bookmarks, draw the characters in their book, and illustrate their book. The children are also encouraged to write a letter to their favorite author and tell them what they like about the book. Other challenges to read so many books in different categories, or different places in the world and look it up on the map.

The Dragon Book Club gives kids many amazing ways to open up their minds and explore a whole new world. That is what is so great about reading it is an escape, it can be educational, and you can learn a lot about yourself in what you read. This is what these kids will find through these challenges. 


















0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews