Jun 9, 2020

Book Review: The Golden Girl By Dana Perry #BookonTour #Bookouture #NetGalley

Amazon: https://bit.ly/3doj19N
Maura was perfect. A perfect liar.

One humid summer evening, Officer Maura Walsh is led to her table at a local restaurant – it’s a trendy place with cocktails on the menu, full of office workers leaning across the bar to flirt. She’s prettier than most of the women here, but everybody gives her a wide berth. She doesn’t eat or drink anything. She doesn’t meet anyone’s eye.

An hour later, Maura is dead. Her silky red hair swirls in the dirty puddles beneath her body. The dank walls of a forgotten alley are the last thing she ever saw. It took a long time for Maura to die, alone in the dark.

Somebody made sure she would have plenty of time to think about what she’d done.

This totally twisty and absolutely gripping read will keep you turning the pages late into the night. Perfect for fans of Willow RoseGregg Olsen and Lisa Jackson.

Dana Perry is a New York City author who writes mystery thrillers featuring newspaper reporter Jessie Tucker.

The Golden Girl
By
Dana Perry 
Review by
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Dana Perry, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 

DAM!!! Dana Perry is a genius for writing this must read book!! This book was incredibly twisted and got more intense as you read on! I absolutely loved it and was hooked instantly! I couldn’t put the book down til I found out what happened to Maura! 

I must say this is one of the most unique covers I have seen from a Bookouture author. Far away it looked like butterfly wings and in the middle was the title of the book. I give the graphic artists kudos as this grabbed my attention immediately before reading what the book was about. 

The Golden Girl was one of the most intriguing books that I have read in a long time. It was incredibly fast paced, the side stories were just as fascinating as the main storyline, there was a ton of heartbreak, very suspenseful, colorful cast of characters, and most of all a very creative storyline.

I loved how Dana made Jessie a reporter investigating the death of Maura Walsh. I am a huge fan of crime tv shows and true crime books so reading this book was right up my alley. 

One of my favorite side storylines was when Jessie was looking for her father. That had a unique twist of events. 

There are books that I have read that you can kind of predict how it will end. However my jaw fell to the floor at this ending. I never saw it coming!! The twists and turns in this book were shocking!! This is why I think Dana Perry is an incredible writer! 

The Golden Girl would be the perfect book to movie on Netflix as a series! I would definitely watch it and I bet it would be a huge hit! 

1 comments:

R.G. Belsky said...

Dana Perry here - thanks for the terrific review! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews