May 21, 2020

Review: The Bride By Wendy Clarke #BookonTour #Bookouture #NetGalley




The moment Joanna told me she was engaged, I had this awful feeling that something was wrong.


We used to speak on the phone every day. Growing up I spent more time at her house than I did at my own. I’d always imagined what it would be like to see her get married, and now I didn’t even know her fiancé’s name.

She asked me to come and meet Mark and I intended to tell her to slow down. You can’t know someone for a month and be sure that you want to spend the rest of your lives together.

When I got to Joanna’s front door, only Mark was there. He was charming and gorgeous and nothing but nice to me, and I started to understand.


And then he told me that Joanna was missing.

The Bride is a twisty, unputdownable psychological thriller that will have you reading until late at night. Perfect for fans of The Girl on the Train, Gone Girl and anything by Lisa Jewell.


Author Bio: 


Wendy Clarke started her career writing short fiction and serials for national women's magazines. After having over three hundred short stories published, she progressed to writing novels. With a degree in psychology, and intrigued with how the human mind can affect behaviour, it was inevitable that she would eventually want to explore her darker side.

In her previous life, Wendy has published three collections of short stories and has been a short story judge for the Chiltern Writers Group, Nottingham Writers Group and The Society of Women Writers and journalists.

Wendy lives with her husband, cat and step-dog in Sussex and when not writing is usually dancing, singing or watching any programme that involves food



Author Social Media Links


The Bride By Wendy Clarke 
Review by Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Wendy Clarke, Bookouture and NetGalley for this book so I may bring you this review!

WOW!!! Wendy Clarke blew me away with her must read latest book The Bride. She wrote an incredibly twisted book that had so many shock value moments. 

This is the type of book that plays in your head like a blockbuster movie. Infact, I would love to see this on Netflix or Lifetime. It was incredibly fast paced, lots of twists and turns, huge secrets kept from a lot of people, lots of mystery/suspense involved, and shocking moments that will just blow you away!! 

I was not a fan of Derek by any means. What he did to Alice was uncalled for!  Books like these make me glad that I am single. 

The question that played out in my mind most of the book was where was Joanne? Alice was put in a very awkward position throughout this book. My heart went out to her for many reasons. But the main question is how well do we know someone? 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews