Apr 10, 2020

Review: Shrink Rapt By Freda Hansburg









Shrink Rapt By Freda Hansburg 
Review by Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank Freda Hansburg for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.


Shrink Rapt by Freda Hansburg was just the medical thriller/suspense book that I have been craving to read. 


Right from the beginning Freda caught my attention with the pharmaceutical medical trial the main character. If you know me I am fascinated with the medical field and used to be in it. So, I love reading medical thrillers. I can comprehend the medical terminology and procedures that are listed in the books-where others may not. 


I just had to laugh at the part of the book when Freda talks about Go Cupid. I wondered if she meant OK Cupid which is a similar dating site that she mentioned. I admit I tried that site out and it was a joke. I fully agree that all those questions are way too much! 


I found it quite comical that she named her tabby cats Boris and Natasha. 


I found the session with Lowell Morgenstern had with his patient Tyrell Johnson when he was on the medication Pacifil very fascinating. It made me more interested in the story and wonder what this drug was honestly doing to the patients.


The patients you meet in this book will just blow your mind. Like one of them had multiple personality disorder with 26 alters. Now that is someone who would be fascinating to talk to. Freda came up with some very unique characters that I have never read about in previous books. It made for a very interesting yet sometimes disturbing read. 


Freda brought up a very important topic in this book. She wrote in a storyline  about a survivors group. It was about trauma dealing with physical and sexual abuse. There were four patients who had different stories to tell. Each so different and unique than the ones you are used to hearing. Many of them I wanted to reach out and hug because I felt empathy for what they went through. 


Even though this is a short book it does not lack an incredible story that keeps your attention. 

















0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews