Mar 19, 2020

Review: Lorna, The Parrot Who Saved The Mission by Lorna Collins

This is a long-forgotten true story of the parrot who saved Missio San Juan Capistrano, told as a picture book with parrot narrating her own story. The book is sold on Amazon as well as in the mission store.









Lorna and Larry Collins grew up together in Alhambra, California. Larry studied engineering at California Polytechnic College in Pomona, and Lorna was an English major at California State College at Los Angeles. They have been married for over fifty years and have one daughter, Kimberly.
First, I want to thank Lorna Collins for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 
Lola, The Parrot Who Saved The Mission by Lorna Collins was a cute children’s book with a faith based flair. I really enjoyed the beautiful pictures in the book that seemed life like. I liked the dramatics at the end.
I hate to say it but I don’t think this would attract the children’s attention all that much. 


1 comments:

Lorna Collins - Author said...

Heidi, thank you for the review. My target audience is the many school groupw who visit Mission San Juan Capistrano each year. This was an unknown story until we discovered the newpaper clipping last year. Even the docents didn't know about it. Even children outside of Southern California have enjoyed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews