Feb 29, 2020

Review: Sea Squirt Secret A Mystery By Joe P. Attanasio

The year is 1972 and the place is Western New York, in and around Buffalo. A quirk of nature and an unexpected discovery at the research lab spells trouble for a pair of chemists. There is little the local police can do. John, a returning Vietnam veteran and nephew to one of the chemists, tackles the mystery. Sandy, the daughter of the other chemist, joins him. --- This novel does not contain graphic violence or sex. Suitable for ages 13 and up.



I was born in the late 1940's in western New York. I have been married to the same woman for over 44 years and have a daughter. I served in Vietnam with the U.S. Army in 1967-1968. I lived in Haight-Ashbury, San Francisco in 1969 during the height of the hippie movement. I have lived on the east coast and the west coast of the United States and am currently living in New York. Most of my working life I was a meat cutter and manager for major grocery market chains.

I was an avid reader in my mid-teens and stopped reading for fun and enjoyment around the age of 21. I did not begin to read again until I was 60 years old. When I started reading again, I discovered a whole new world I had been missing. This led me to try my hand at writing, which I am enjoying very much.

I am particularly interested in historical mysteries and adventures. Some of my favorite authors include Ken Follett, Bernard Cornwell, C.J. Sansom, Steve Berry, George MacDonald Fraser and Ellis Peters.
Other Interests: I have always had a passion for the High Middle Ages (1100-1300). I like to play MMORPG adventure games online. I am an avid chess player and belong to a club in my area.I have also written many poems and short stories.
Some of my poetry and short stories can be found online
at this popular web site for  writers:
 
http://www.Booksie.com/Attanasio


Sea Squirt Secret A Mystery
Review By Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Joe P. Attanasio for providing me this book so I can bring you this review.


Sea Squirt Secret A Mystery By Joe P. Attanasio is a very good book. I even found it to be educational as I didn’t know what a Sea Squirt was. Now I know!


The cover was very unique and I liked it very much. It stood out to me with the dark blue background, yellow title, and the picture frame with the Sea Squirts, and the scrabble tiles with the name on it. Very creative and catches the readers eye. Kudos to the graphic designer.

Right away he caught my interest in the first few lines. Because of Joe I now have American Pie by Don McLean. I never interpreted the lyrics quite like Joe did-but I totally agree. The day the music died was when Richie Valens and the other musicians was killed. Knowing that fact-that is a strong lyric!


What I love about Joe’s writing is he writes about his hometown Buffalo, NY. I am from Buffalo so I smiled at all the references. However, I had to laugh when he asked someone how they liked living in Buffalo. Why did I laugh? Because the answer was about our snow! We are known here for our not so lovely snowy weather! No, I am not a winter girl even though I live here. 


The mystery part of the book was really good too. A lot of twists and turns. 


The only criticism I have is there was a lot of dialogue going back and forth. I didn’t think the book needed so much of that. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews