Jan 31, 2020

Review: The Forgotten Wife By Emma Robinson #BookonTour #Bookouture #NetGalley

Google Play: http://bit.ly/2Ro4NNz

When you see them, they are so happy, so in love. He’s holding the door open for her, she’s clearly expecting a baby. You think: she has everything I don’t. Everything I ever dreamed of…

There’s room in her house where Shelley has shut away a heartbreakingly-soft, never-used baby blanket. In a box, under a bed, behind a door that she never opens. If it’s there, she can forget about it. Just like she has her memories. Of a marriage that hadn’t been perfect. Of a life that didn’t go the way she had hoped.




Every day she acts like everything is normal. Going to work and following a routine helps her pretend the bad stuff never happened. Until one day, everything changes.

She sees the couple moving in next door, laughing sweetly as they walk up the path to their new home. The woman is pregnant. It’s like she has everything that Shelley has lost. But when Shelley properly meets Lara, she soon discovers Lara is actually carrying a heartache to match her own.

As her friendship with Lara deepens, Shelley starts to wonder what might happen if she opens the box she’s hidden away, with the tiny, beautiful blanket in it. Will the secrets from her past – about what she lost, what she’s hiding from, and what she has been doing her best to forget – destroy her? Or will opening it up finally give her a change to live again?

A heartbreaking emotional drama about the power of friendship that will make readers laugh and cry, perfect for fans of Jojo Moyes, Dani Atkins and Daniela Sacerdoti.  

Website: www.motherhoodforslackers.com
Facebook: facebook.com/motherhoodforslackers
Twitter: @emmarobinsonuk
Instagram: emmarobinsonuk  

Emma Robinson is the author of five novels about motherhood and female friendship including The Undercover Mother.

Her fifth novel - The Forgotten Wife - will be out in January 2020.

When she is not writing, Emma is an English teacher and lives in Essex with a patient husband and two children who are an endless source of material.



The Forgotten Wife
By Emma Robinson
Review by Heidi Lynn's Book Reviews

First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Emma Robinson did it again in The Forgotten Wife and touched my heart so deeply that I couldn’t stop ugly crying out of compassion to what these characters were going through. This is one of the reasons that I love her writing so much. She writes from the heart and has passion for her characters she writes.

Immediately, I totally fell head over heals in love with this cover! Not only was it beautiful the meaning was perfect for this book. I am a huge fan of butterflies as they have multiple meanings to me personally. So, when I saw this and who wrote the book I knew this was a must read book and I was right.

Emma wrote about some extremely important yet difficult topics in this book that were emotional in nature. Some were hard for me to read as I had total compassion for the characters. However, at the same time I couldn’t imagine how hard it must have been for Emma to write this story. This book, the characters, and storylines seemed very close to her heart as she wrote everything so passionately. Not only did I want to hug the characters but Emma as well. If I was crying, I can’t imagine how she was holding up writing some of the scenes.

I did have a huge laugh. This is no joke. One of my favorite boy bands just like Shelley’s is NSYNC. I was working out listening to a song on the Celebrity album while reading that part of the book.
I loved and appreciated the bond between the two-woman Lara and Shelley and the similarities they later they found out they had. Each lady helped eachother grow and heal as the story went on. It was a beautiful friendship that they had.

Emma gave her readers a few life lessons to think about in The Forgotten Wife.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews