Aug 26, 2019

Review:Date Night by Samantha Hayes

#Bookouture #NetGalley
Amazon/AppleBooks/Kobo/GooglePlay
Description:

Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing…

Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning.

I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for.

I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen.

I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night…

But will you believe me?






Author Samantha Hayes


Author Bio:
Samantha Hayes grew up in Warwickshire, left school at sixteen, avoided university and took jobs ranging from private detective to barmaid to fruit picker and factory worker. She lived on a kibbutz, and spent time living in Australia and the USA, before finally becoming a crime-writer.

Her writing career began when she won a short story competition in 2003. Her novels are family-based psychological thrillers, with the emphasis being on 'real life fiction'. She focuses on current issues and sets out to make her readers ask, 'What if this happened to me or my family?'

Date Night 
By Samantha Hayes
Review by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank Samantha Hayes, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

WOW!! Samantha Hayes is the queen of jaw dropping ending twists. She is a brilliant storyteller so much so that I could not put the book down till I knew Sean’s big secret. I thought I knew but nothing prepared me for the truth that I was to find out! Samantha kept the best and biggest secret for last!!!

Date Night is a must-read book for so many reasons! It captures your attention on sentence one and won’t let it go til the very end. The story is incredibly suspenseful, drama filled, lots of big secrets, questionable infidelity, accusations, missing persons, violence, adorable little girl, not so nice ex, etc.
Samantha breaks this book up into today and in the past when all this happened. This way you the two sides of the story.

The one thing that bothered me about Sean’s character is he kept denying that he was having an affair on Libby. I have been in her shoes before where they try to hide it and deny it. So, I felt for her when she knew in her heart he was lying. The main question who was he cheating on her with?!
There were so many amazing side stories within the main story that the other characters were a part of.

In a warped kind of way there is a lesson in the book. That family will do what they can to protect eachother.

Alice the little girl in the story pulled on my heart strings. She was adorable.

Samantha says she got the idea for writing this book when she saw a woman’s cry for help after she’d been sent an anonymous note stating her husband was having an affair. Sadly, it was on many similar public posts on forums about break-ups.

What Samantha loves most about writing psychological thrillers is that nothing is ever quite as it seems. People in ‘real life’ don’t fall into neat categories, and neither should they in fiction. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews