Jun 1, 2019

Review: Doctors of Darkness Boxed Set Books 1-3 By Ellery Kane

Author Ellery Kane
#CandidBookReviews
Forensic psychologist by day, novelist by night, Ellery Kane has been writing--professionally and creatively--for as long as she can remember. Just like many of her main characters, Ellery loves to ask why, which is the reason she became a psychologist in the first place. Real life really is stranger than fiction, and Ellery's writing is often inspired by her day job. Evaluating violent criminals and treating trauma victims, she has gained a unique perspective on the past and its indelible influence on the individual. And she's heard her fair share of real life thrillers. An avid short story writer as a teenager, Ellery recently began writing for enjoyment again, and she hasn't stopped since.


Amazon/BookBub

Doctors of Darkness
Boxed Set Books 1-3
By Ellery Kane
Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews


First, I want to thank Ellery Kane for providing me with Daddy of Darkness Boxed Set so I can provide you with this review.

Doctors of Darkness Trilogy by Ellery Kane provides you with three amazing psychological thrillers. My favorite two were the Hanging Tree and The First Cut. Both of them I cold not put down. Ellery has an incredible gift in this genre.

The Hanging Tree was on of my favorite books in Ellery Kane’s Trilogy!

WOW!! What an amazing read from Ellery Kane with the Hanging Tree!!! She was not kidding when it said right on the cover some nights were left unforgotten!! This is the second book I have read from her and she did not disappoint me! I love her writing style and chilling story line that draws you into the story like no other does. Now every time I see a big hanging tree it will give me chills!! 
This book had everything from widowers, hitch hiking, creepy guys, blasts from the past that you didn’t want to see, murders, investigations, almost rapes, flashbacks to when Evie was young, child molesters, etc. 

After reading this book I am never hitch hiking that is for sure!! That Evie was a brave soul! That guy that picked her up was a creepy dude. The author did an incredible job with that whole scene! She made me so fearful for her character!

So many times the book jumps from modern day to back in the day to tell the story. This is so important so you know what happened. 

I loved the mystery of the fact that Evie knew who Culder was from her past but couldn’t put her finger on it. Everyone has those moments where they know someone but cant figure out how they know them. Then it hits them and it is like oh wow! 

The First Cut by Ellery Kane is the best psychological thriller that I have ever read from her. She grasped my attention at the prologue like no other book of this genre has before. From then on out it just more intense. 

Kudos goes out to Giovanni Auriemma for unforgettable covers. Plus, Mallory Rock for the amazing job she has done on artwork inside. She is incredibly talented as I known her to work with other authors I read and review for. 

This book was suspenseful, gripping, mind boggling, creepy at times, heart wrenching, lots of twists and turns, it had a celebrity reality show spin to it that I was really into it, a love triangle, a crime, investigation. 

Psychological Thrillers are my favorite genres and this book totally blew me away in so many ways. There were two scenes that after I read them, I knew that this book needs to be on the Lifetime Channel! This book was made for that channel!! Ellery if you are reading this you need to submit your manuscript to Lifetime or to Netflix!! That scene I am talking about is when Ava is proposed to by Ian and it is so creepy, she sees his house for the first time with pictures of his late wife still plastered all over the house. Come on that is a red flag there to say no to the proposal!! The other was the opening scene of the book how in-depth that first scene was. 

I loved how Ellery kept updating her readers with articles in the paper about the updates of the case in the deaths of the “Love Doctors”. It made the story more interesting in my eyes. Then again I am all about pop culture and if this were true life it would be something I would be following in the news. I also like reading true crime books as well. So, this book was really up my alley as well. 

My heart really hurt for was the truly innocent one in all of this. Maddie, their daughter whom is parent-less now. Who is hurting badly because of all this-to the fact where she is mute!! I just want to hold her and tell her she will be ok. No child should have had to witness what she had to!! 

The book went from present day to Valentines Day’s in the past so you got a better feel for everything. 

There were some amazing quotes in this book about marriage from the famous Ian Culpepper that were very spot on. 

There is one quote that stuck out at me big time and I would like to share it with you. “Psychopharmacology has always been an interest of mine. I’d like to understand why some many people believe all their problems can be solved with a pill. You can’t medicate unhappiness.”


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews