Feb 8, 2019

Review: The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib

#NetGalley
Amazon


Author Yara Zgheib

The Girls at 17 Swann Street
By Yara Zgheib 
Review written by HeidiLynn's BookReviews

First, I want to thank Yara Zgheib, St. Martin Press, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Yara Zgheib brings you an extremely powerful read in Girls at 17 Swann Street dealing with a woman battling anorexia. Yara takes through Anna’s emotional, mental, and physical journey as she is diagnosed with and treated for Anorexia. This is a must read for anyone going through this, has a loved one dealing with this, or just want to educate yourself on this topic.



Girls at 17 Swann Street really fascinated me. I am a huge fan of medical fiction/nonfiction books. So, this book was up my alley. I loved how Yara let her readers experience the journey with Anna as she got help for her eating disorder. We were there for all her ups and downs along the way.

I was amazed how much research Yara did on this book. She really digged deep into this topic and brought you amazing facts on nutrition, made out a meal plan with how many calories for each meal you should have, made out a treatment plan that was in chart note form using medical terminology.

Yara brings out all the feelings and emotions that Anna is going through within this journey. Not just the clinical medical side of it. A lot of this is mental too. You can tell that this character is close to Yara’s heart.

On a personal note this book was an eye opener for opener for me. I felt for Anna in this book. I too struggled with weight but mine was obesity. Since 2004 I have lost a total of 193lbs with the tool of Gastric Bypass Surgery, The South Beach Diet, willpower, and motivation, and changing your mindset. It has not been easy and it has been a daily struggle. However, I learned way more about myself and nutrition in the process. This book showed me the other end of the spectrum.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews