Jan 19, 2019

Review: In The Best Interest of the Child by Lily Llewellyn

  
#NetGalley
Excerpt 

I gripped the wheel tightly as I gazed across to the other side of the deep, vast gorge. The moors were beautiful, still, a far cry from the desperation and despair that filled my troubled mind. It would be frighteningly easy. Just a single movement of my foot on the accelerator, a few seconds and the nightmare would be over. We would be free of him. Free of the insanity and trauma we were being forced to live through every waking moment of every hellish day.
I stared ahead. The pale limestone seemed to glow against a sky that was perfectly blue. A tree swayed gently on the other side holding my attention as I sat rigid and desolate in my seat. Hysterical laughter broke through the silence as Rosie began to thrash her arms and legs before proceeding to hum and head bang the empty space in front of her. Pulling the handbrake securely on and shivering at the thought of what had just crossed my mind I climbed into the back seat and held Rosie to me. Calming her, soothing her. My mind raced. There had to be another way.

She thought she had escaped. She thought she could start over. She thought she could mend her broken life, but when court papers arrive on Isla’s doormat, the safe haven she has built around herself and her daughter is ripped apart as Richard’s shadow falls over their lives once again.
In The Best Interests Of The Child is a disturbing insight into the workings of the family court in particular it’s treatment of women who have escaped domestic violence and the children that they are desperately trying to protect from harm.
In The Best Interest of The Child
by Lily Llewellyn
Review written by Heidi Lynn's BookReviews



First, I want to thank Lily Llewellyn, Madador, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

In the Best Interest of the Child by Lilly Llewellyn  is a book that will make you rethink about jumping into any serious relationship without getting to know your partner first. Your heart will be pulled into so many different directions for a few different characters and I guarantee you will loathe one too.

Warning this book contains the following topics that may trigger some readers: domestic abuse, mentions of self-harm, substance abuse, panic attacks, manipulation, emotionally abusive, psychologically abusive, controlling spouse, and nasty custody battle for an innocent little girl.

This book interested me right from the prologue however I was hooked by the first chapter!! Lilly really jumps into the story and brings you into it! She obviously was very passionate about the characters and the storyline as it came out in each character. However, I saw it more in Rosie and Ilsa. It was these two characters that pulled on my heart strings for so many reasons. I wanted to leap into the book and give them each a hug!

One part of the book I could relate to was when she kept having GI issues due to stress. With the amount of stress she was under I can see why she would have a flair up. I get massive migraines and stress can be a trigger. In the book there are letters back and forth from her doctors and other authority figures about this. Sadly, even little Rosie inherited her GI disease.

This book is dedicated to Lilly’s daughter who has been a light in her dark. She also wants to thank her friends and family who have helped her remain sane.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews