Aug 3, 2021

#BlogTour #ILetHerGo #JAAndrews #RachelsRandomResources



I Let Her Go

Some secrets should have stayed buried...

Lucy Mitchell had a troubled past, was abandoned by her mother and left to fend for herself in foster care. This is where she met Amber and Josh, but living in a strict foster home brought fears of its own. Fears that brought Amber and Lucy closer together.

Amber and Lucy formed a pact. They said they would be friends for life and often found solace in the local woods to escape from their foster carer, Linda. This was a place they used to hide together, but when only one girl had returned from the woods, the note said Amber had run away.

Fifteen years later and Lucy is planning the wedding of her dreams with Josh until a body is found, then the trauma of Lucy’s past comes back to haunt her.



Tensions mount as Lucy, Josh and Linda all have secrets to hide and distrust makes them question each others story around Ambers disappearance. As the body's identity is soon to be exposed, life for Lucy takes a terrifying turn for the worst.

The note says Lucy is next! 


Purchase Links

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B093G31QW8

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093G31QW8



Author Bio – 


JA Andrews is from Devon in the UK and the author of gripping twisty psychological thrillers. As well as writing fiction, he enjoys reading a mix of genres, watching reality TV and spending time with family and friends. He is a member of the Crime Writers Association and is often plotting his next novel...


Social Media Links – 

Twitter: www.twitter.com/jasona1980


 





I Let Her Go
By
JA Andrews
Written
By
Heidi Lynn’s Book Reviews


First, I want to thank JA Andrews and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review. 


I Let Her Go by JA Andrews MUST be put on your TBR pile for 2021!!! I am one of JA’s super fans and have been since Mummy’s Boy and can tell you this one is his best!! Oh it is intense, deals with difficult subjects, twisted, so suspenseful, shocking. JA has a gift in this genre and with each book he writes they just keep getting better. 


JA Andrews dedicates this book to his Nan and Grandad (Joy and Richard Barry) with his many fond memories of the creek. Although they both never lived to read his novels, I’m sure they would have enjoyed them


Thank you JA Andrews for letting me be a Beta Reader for you on this book. It was an honor and a privilege to help you. The finished product turned out amazing. 


I commend JA for expressing concern for the wellbeing of his readers as their are difficult subjects such as domestic abuse and suicide thoughts discussed in this book. If you find yourself in a similar situation he hopes you have a good support system. 


For me I always love knowing how the author comes up with the idea for their book. We learn at the end of the book the inspiration behind the creek setting. It is a sweet story that made me smile. 


JA grabbed onto my heart and held onto it tight for the prologue!! Boy oh boy was that an emotional one!!! An eleven year old girl writing such a powerful and heartbreaking letter! Oh I knew this was going to be a good book that was going to keep my attention the whole way through! 


I was cracking up laughing at the part when JA mentioned Josh’s job in Telecommunications Company in Complaints wasn’t his dream job. I used to work for a Telecommunication Company once I can totally understand it was not his dream job! 


Linda was not my favorite character at all; she was so cold! She reminded me of Kathy Bates from Misery!! Oh yeah she was creepy! 


The big mystery in this book is what happened to Amber?! Where did she go? Why did she run away?


Each of these characters had such an intense and troubled background that made them who they are today. It makes for an interesting read however it is a very sad read. 


This book deals with anger management, domestic abuse, suicidal thoughts, foster parenting, jealousy, alcoholism,infidelity, etc. 


There were moments in this book that were like OMG he went there that was a shady man!! But WOW oh so good!!! 


I’ll let her go had so many twists, turns, shocking mind blowing climatic moments that will blow you away!! 


I can’t wait to read JA Andrews next novel Behind Her Smile coming out in November! 















0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Heidilynnsbookreviews@gmail.com Published @ 2014 by Crossroad Reviews